Wierd room names

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandynn

Reaction score
I hope this is not one of the people on this fourm because I would never hurt anyone's feelings but I saw a b&b where one of the rooms names is Innkeers Quarters. Now to me that says that they get out when you come to stay. I don't think this was so but I wouldn't stay there for fear I was putting them out. This is what I think guests would think too.

This just sounds as if the owners are marking their territory. Are you sure it was one of the guest rooms? I wouldn't have thought that if I saw such a sign.

This just sounds as if the owners are marking their territory. Are you sure it was one of the guest rooms? I wouldn't have thought that if I saw such a sign..
Oh yes I am sure it is a guest room. I have run across it more that once. It is for sure a guest room.

I know of one who has a name The Innkeepers Room. It has nothing in the description of the room saying why it's named that. It's also the most expensive one on their property.
It's another time you say "huh?"

yea..whats up with that? We named our rooms after our parents...is that weird? We also kind of catered it to their personalities guests think thats great.
What if any inspirations did all of you have when naming your rooms?

yea..whats up with that? We named our rooms after our parents...is that weird? We also kind of catered it to their personalities guests think thats great.
What if any inspirations did all of you have when naming your rooms?.
One room is named for the teenager who wrote her "loves" on the walls of her room. The other two are named for the families that owned the house.

I know of one who has a name The Innkeepers Room. It has nothing in the description of the room saying why it's named that. It's also the most expensive one on their property.
It's another time you say "huh?".
Breakfast Diva said:
It's most expensive because they want enough money if they're moving out.
tounge_smile.gif

=)
Kk.

birdwatcher said:
We're on College Avenue and marketing to the University nearby so we have college departments for our rooms: Music Department, English Department, Art Department, History Department. Our room says, "Faculty" and our boys' room says "Staff." The entrance to our private basement area says "Administration."
=)
Kk.

Our rooms were all named after family names...grandparents and parents. It was one way to honor the family that we love so much, and those that we have lost.
New owners will more than likely change that, I guess.

birdwatcher said:
We're on College Avenue and marketing to the University nearby so we have college departments for our rooms: Music Department, English Department, Art Department, History Department. Our room says, "Faculty" and our boys' room says "Staff." The entrance to our private basement area says "Administration."
=)
Kk.
I think that is so creative and fun too!

They were appropriately named when we bought the place. One of the rooms I've redecorated has the typical "Rose Garden" name, and used to be over the top feminine. Now it's much more gender neutral but I haven't changed the name. I can't think of a good one for it and I don't want to go through all the hassles of changing the print materials and website. Maybe I'll do it the next time I have to do rack cards.

My 4 bedrooms are in the 4 corners of the second floor, so I planned to name them Southwest, Southeast, etc. I ordered furniture while we were in the midst of planning for the addition and remodel, and 6 months into the project, the architect finally read the code book. To make a long story short, the floor plan had to be totally redone, making the Southwest bedroom too small for the southwest furniture. I thought I should rename all the rooms at that point. One morning I thought the sunshine streaming in the southeast bedroom looked so nice that I would call that room Morningside. Morningside is the name of a neighborhood here in town, so I chose other neighborhoods for the other room names. The only wierd name is Minnetrista, which is a neighborhood in town, and also has a Sioux Indian word in it, so that's where my southwest furniture ended up. The other rooms are Sunset Knoll and Orchard Lawn.

Breakfast Diva said:
tounge_smile.gif

=)
Kk.
Ha! Can you imagine doing that? Vacating your room when it gets booked? I've heard of innkeepers who do that.
The B&B I know of bought a house nearby and so they turned their quarters into a guest room and they go home each night nearby. That's a whole other topic of conversation!

Breakfast Diva said:
tounge_smile.gif

=)
Kk.
Ha! Can you imagine doing that? Vacating your room when it gets booked? I've heard of innkeepers who do that.
The B&B I know of bought a house nearby and so they turned their quarters into a guest room and they go home each night nearby. That's a whole other topic of conversation!
I know of lots of innkeepers who switch rooms night by night depending on which room is booked. Certainly not the way to do it in my mind. I would never want to live like that and I wouldn't want to stay somewhere like that either:-(

Breakfast Diva said:
tounge_smile.gif

=)
Kk.
I know of lots of innkeepers who switch rooms night by night depending on which room is booked. Certainly not the way to do it in my mind. I would never want to live like that and I wouldn't want to stay somewhere like that either:-(
If I were a guest and somehow I learned that I had displaced the innkeepers during my stay, I would feel very uncomfortable!
It's tough enough being an innkeeper and having a personal/family life without adding room hopping to it!

Breakfast Diva said:
tounge_smile.gif

=)
Kk.
If I were a guest and somehow I learned that I had displaced the innkeepers during my stay, I would feel very uncomfortable!
It's tough enough being an innkeeper and having a personal/family life without adding room hopping to it!
Where do they keep their clothes and personal things? As a guest, I certainly wouldn't be happy to see the innkeeper's things in my closet.

They were appropriately named when we bought the place. One of the rooms I've redecorated has the typical "Rose Garden" name, and used to be over the top feminine. Now it's much more gender neutral but I haven't changed the name. I can't think of a good one for it and I don't want to go through all the hassles of changing the print materials and website. Maybe I'll do it the next time I have to do rack cards..
YUP....that B&B is close to me...seen the web site. Innkeeper should have their own seperate accomodations and for health reasons plus many more issues..Mary in Bridgewater.

Back