Wifi Password

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
OK you all-knowing techies. Had a guy needing wifi so was going to let him use the guest wifi. It said my password was incorrect. I never changed it! It will not let ME in. How do I go in abd change the password on the guest wifi so I can post it. KISS system please. Thank you.

go to ___
Click _________
Enter ___________

If you don’t have the original instructions, you can look for your router online. If someone got in there and messed with it you may need to do a complete system reset. You need to have the admin id and password to change the password.

Unfortunately, this can be really easy or terribly complex depending on your provider, setup, etc. Find your router and if it's provided by your provider (e.g. Cable company, AT&T, etc.), there will be a sticker on the back with the password on it. Passwords are generally case-sensitive and sometimes a zero can be lurking in there when you think it's the letter "O".

If you own the router, you've got some work in front of you and without knowing your set up I'd only be guessing at the instructions.

As a former computer consultant from way back I've said something many times -- everyone needs a nerd in their life and if you don't have one nearby, it's time to find one as this won't be the first time you need them. A computer consultant can be your best friend when you're running a business.

If you don’t have the original instructions, you can look for your router online. If someone got in there and messed with it you may need to do a complete system reset. You need to have the admin id and password to change the password.

I am sorry, I was not clear it is not the router password, it is one of my networks - the one guests use,.

I am sorry, I was not clear it is not the router password, it is one of my networks - the one guests use,.
Morticia is correct, a reset may be in your future. Is there a sticker on the modem with default passwords for router admin? Manufacturer and model of your router? Is it supplied by your ISP?

Back