Will beat this dead horse once more- PLAN your vacation!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alibi Ike

Reaction score
Now I happen to be talking about my own vacation here. But it does apply to guests as well. Am leaving for much needed R&R in a few days. Checking to see if restaurants I have been following on Facebook are open for dinner when I'm going to be there. None. Not a one. Every single restaurant in this town and surrounding towns just started winter hours. They are only open on weekends. Innkeepers don't travel on weekends. Good thing I checked. Now have to drive to nearest major city for food. Including breakfast. Should have gone on vacation last week when everything was open.
We try to explain that to guests who ask if we know good places to eat in the next town they are headed to. Sad shake of head, 'Sorry, almost everything in that town closed 2 weeks ago.' Should have realized it happens everywhere at this time of year. Happily living in town that does not close, forget other places do.

Ok, silly me for asking why you have to drive somewhere for breakfast...not staying at a B&B??

Aw, sorry to hear that. I do like traveling in the off season because neither DH nor I can stand to be in any sort of crowd, but it does stink when the "good stuff" is closed. One reason why we go to NYC in January...no tourists but nothing ever closes there!

Ok, silly me for asking why you have to drive somewhere for breakfast...not staying at a B&B??.
suellen222 said:
Ok, silly me for asking why you have to drive somewhere for breakfast...not staying at a B&B??
Large inn, continental only. Was looking forward to this one great breakfast place.

Back