Will they make it to breakfast?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
So, I've caught up on all the threads for the past 2 months. A lot of them while waiting this morning for our guests to come for breakfast. It is now 9:20. Breakfast is over in 10 minutes. Any bets on how many make it on time? I'll throw this out, yesterday one room ran out the door at 9:30 saying she was late, sorry no breakfast. My guess is the same will happen today with her.

Hey Bree, what happened to your vacation? Weren't you going to go to Hawaii this month?

You got it! Was she a previous guest or a walk in??? Is there a really obvious sign posted somewhere saying " Breakfast 8:30- 9:30, let us know if you won't make it? Or something like that?????

Hey Bree, what happened to your vacation? Weren't you going to go to Hawaii this month?.
SweetiePie said:
Hey Bree, what happened to your vacation? Weren't you going to go to Hawaii this month?
Moi? Hawaii? In OCT? Nope, that wasn't me. Altho, I am going away with girlfriends at the end of the month. Can't wait!

You got it! Was she a previous guest or a walk in??? Is there a really obvious sign posted somewhere saying " Breakfast 8:30- 9:30, let us know if you won't make it? Or something like that?????.
catlady said:
You got it! Was she a previous guest or a walk in??? Is there a really obvious sign posted somewhere saying " Breakfast 8:30- 9:30, let us know if you won't make it? Or something like that?????
It's on the breakfast board. What's for brekkie, what time it is. Not to let us know. The ones who didn't show were of the same cloth as always...lots of money, very thin, probably subsist on air. There's a certain look to the person who is not going to eat or who is going to pick at the food for the sake of being polite. (Ha, ha, Joey, don't say the look is 'hunger'!)
The ones who DID show made a big pretext of examing the clock and stating, 'Whew, 9:30, we made it!' when the clock actually showed 9:35 and the tables had been cleared and the lights turned off and I was eating my own brekkie. The rest of their party came later and laughed because they were going to get fed even tho THEY thought brekkie was over at 9, so that's even worse.

You got it! Was she a previous guest or a walk in??? Is there a really obvious sign posted somewhere saying " Breakfast 8:30- 9:30, let us know if you won't make it? Or something like that?????.
catlady said:
It's on the breakfast board. What's for brekkie, what time it is. Not to let us know. The ones who didn't show were of the same cloth as always...lots of money, very thin, probably subsist on air. There's a certain look to the person who is not going to eat or who is going to pick at the food for the sake of being polite. (Ha, ha, Joey, don't say the look is 'hunger'!)
The ones who DID show made a big pretext of examing the clock and stating, 'Whew, 9:30, we made it!' when the clock actually showed 9:35 and the tables had been cleared and the lights turned off and I was eating my own brekkie. The rest of their party came later and laughed because they were going to get fed even tho THEY thought brekkie was over at 9, so that's even worse.
So did you feed them at 9:35 even though everything had been cleared away already?

catlady said:
So did you feed them at 9:35 even though everything had been cleared away already?
InnsiderInfo said:
I would not have done that, but hubs had already started cooking. Lights out mean to me, brekkie is over and done.
And as I just told someone else, at 10:55 they were making cups of tea. Now, to me, a cup of tea means you're planning on sitting down to drink it, not gulp it and go. So I offered them to go cups and they managed to drag their feet enough that they didn't leave until just now.

catlady said:
InnsiderInfo said:
I would not have done that, but hubs had already started cooking. Lights out mean to me, brekkie is over and done.
And as I just told someone else, at 10:55 they were making cups of tea. Now, to me, a cup of tea means you're planning on sitting down to drink it, not gulp it and go. So I offered them to go cups and they managed to drag their feet enough that they didn't leave until just now.
Yikes! Are they staying over tonight as well?

catlady said:
InnsiderInfo said:
Nope. They're off to bother someone else. When they left she tossed the to go cup in the trash and said, 'Looks like I didn't need that after all.' And hubs wised me up to what happened about brekkie. (The part I didn't hear.) She didn't think we seriously meant they HAD to be out for brekkie between 8-9:30. (Which, in her case, was true.
angry_smile.gif
Hubs can just be too nice.)

catlady said:
InnsiderInfo said:
Nope. They're off to bother someone else. When they left she tossed the to go cup in the trash and said, 'Looks like I didn't need that after all.' And hubs wised me up to what happened about brekkie. (The part I didn't hear.) She didn't think we seriously meant they HAD to be out for brekkie between 8-9:30. (Which, in her case, was true.
angry_smile.gif
Well honestly, why should they have to be out by 9:30? You're just sitting there all day waiting to wait on them, aren't you?
teeth_smile.gif

I will be a much happier camper when October is over. This is not starting out to be a great week, and this coming weekend is Parents' Weekend at the college...oh joy!!

catlady said:
InnsiderInfo said:
angry_smile.gif
Well if it happens tomorrow and they aren't there by 9:30..TURN OUT THE LIGHTS and BOTH OF YOU DISAPPEAR!!

Hey Bree, what happened to your vacation? Weren't you going to go to Hawaii this month?.
SweetiePie said:
Moi? Hawaii? In OCT? Nope, that wasn't me. Altho, I am going away with girlfriends at the end of the month. Can't wait!
I'll bet is was CopperHead who went to Hawaii. She hasn't been on here for awhile.

SweetiePie said:
I'll bet is was CopperHead who went to Hawaii. She hasn't been on here for awhile.
SweetiePie said:
Yes Copperhead the mega cruiser. :)

We don't have a window for breakfast, when the guest checks in we ask when they would like breakfast-no earlier than 7AM and no later than 9AM ( we have made exceptions on either one if we can), this way they know that they have made the decision for it and we will honor that time. We've only had one time that our guests did not show up for breakfast--and THAT TRULY MAKES ME MAD! But overall, if they are more than 1/2 hour late either I go look for them or hubbie does just to make sure that the alarm went off and nothing is wrong.
We find that this eliminated the "waiting" game for breakfast and its convenient for guest and Innkeeper.

catlady said:
Bree said:
There's a certain look to the person who is not going to eat or who is going to pick at the food for the sake of being polite. (Ha, ha, Joey, don't say the look is 'hunger'!)
Yes, that look IS hunger! Because unless you happen to be naturally twiggy, the only way you can fit in high-fashion clothes is to be either anorexic or borderline anorexic. (Been reading about a runway model who had to lose 25% of her body weight when she got her job, and was anorexic the entire time. Finally she got disgusted with what it took to maintain a size 0-2 and allowed herself to gain weight. Now at size 12 she's an average sized woman... and a plus-sized model. And she finds it difficult to find high fashion clothes as most of them stop at size 10.)
=)
Kk.

Back