Wind me up first thing in the morning...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
And here is what will do that...come out to start brekkie and find all the half & half is gone because someone went into the inn fridge, bypassing both nicely phrased signs to keep the hell out of my kitchen, and used all the half & half & left me an empty container.
THEN, let the kids run thru the inn 15 times up and down the stairs jumping on each step as they go.
THEN, take up 2 tables and keep leaving so I can't start the meal and no one else can sit down at those tables.
THEN, not be happy that we don't have 5 different kinds of milk to choose from.
Thanks, all better now.

pita.gif

Sorry to hear that. I have my kitchen locked off on all sides when I am not there. People have no business in a B & B's kitchen. In fact, I am aware that certain B & B insurance will not cover a guest that has an accident or is hurt in your kitchen.

I have started locking everything up or they wander about looking and touching everything and I am not having that!

Oh no...here we go again. You need to tell them that was unacceptable! Ignore the signs....GRRRRRR The sign needs to be BLUNT. Health Dept prohibits guests in the kitchen!!! Or...stay the hell out of here!!!! Where are those folding screens I told you to put up :-( and chain together!!!

Oh no...here we go again. You need to tell them that was unacceptable! Ignore the signs....GRRRRRR The sign needs to be BLUNT. Health Dept prohibits guests in the kitchen!!! Or...stay the hell out of here!!!! Where are those folding screens I told you to put up :-( and chain together!!!.
I do clearly state the health dept does not allow guests in the kitchen. I think they looked around, didn't see the health inspector and went ahead. Screens are looking like an option whose time has come.
I clearly state on the fridge door that NOTHING may be put in or taken out. 'Yes, this does mean you, too.'
We don't know who it was. We had an almost full house last night.

Oh no...here we go again. You need to tell them that was unacceptable! Ignore the signs....GRRRRRR The sign needs to be BLUNT. Health Dept prohibits guests in the kitchen!!! Or...stay the hell out of here!!!! Where are those folding screens I told you to put up :-( and chain together!!!.
I do clearly state the health dept does not allow guests in the kitchen. I think they looked around, didn't see the health inspector and went ahead. Screens are looking like an option whose time has come.
I clearly state on the fridge door that NOTHING may be put in or taken out. 'Yes, this does mean you, too.'
And that is precisely what they were thinking as well. Maybe the notice should include "This area is under video surveillance" or "you ARE being watched"

My heart goes out to you on that one. I seem to think I am pretty laid back however I lose it when someone intrudes into my living quarters. ( MY HOME )

Geeze! Would be cool if you could get one of those fridges that looked like a piece of furniture to disguise it...but then they would probably go ahead and open all your cabinets anyway. What nerve..!
Riki

DH said PUT A LOCK ON THE FRIDGE..
I'd rather put an alarm...
We talked about the lock way back when we had to put the locks on all the cabinets. I can imagine my fridge pulled all the way out from the wall with someone tugging on it to get the door open! And it is not like we don't provide MILK and HALF & HALF for the guests to use. It's all right in the guest area.

I was picturing one of those big oversized dungeon type locks with the big links when he said that. Or, wait, was that my kitchen door I pictured that one last Monday?
wow.gif

I know whre you can come to for some peace & quiet.....
gillumhouse said:
I know whre you can come to for some peace & quiet....
No time now until November! I'm in it up to my eyeballs from here on out.
New for me - I had my first ever "pre-season" break down this weekend. Stupid tears for no sensible reason, brought on by a lack of sleep (my fault) and a lunch time beer. The house needs work, nothing is perfect, the economy stinks and the only "no cost" thing that can make a difference is me. I got totally (ridiculously) overwhelmed by what the next 5 months will bring. Nothing to worry about because once I'm in it, I'll be fine. I guess I was just getting all the angst out the way first .... bottom line - I felt like a total idiot.

Ah the semi-annual innkeeper breakdown. Sometimes it is the knockdown breakdown.
Neighbors dogs out INCESSANT SCREAM BARKING at 6am this morning...woke all of our guests. Our own dog doesn't bark but DOCTOR OF ..well never mind...STEALS from ME (my sleep) my family and my guests, STEALS FROM US.
and then the one room over this room where I sit did the ol' slam slam slam slam of their luggage down EVERY FLIPPIN' STEP right over my head, the pictures on the walls are all crooked in here, things fell over in the foyer. Lovely, isn't it.
Hope today is a new day for everyone! HAPPY MONDAY INNKEEPERS!

Ah the semi-annual innkeeper breakdown. Sometimes it is the knockdown breakdown.
Neighbors dogs out INCESSANT SCREAM BARKING at 6am this morning...woke all of our guests. Our own dog doesn't bark but DOCTOR OF ..well never mind...STEALS from ME (my sleep) my family and my guests, STEALS FROM US.
and then the one room over this room where I sit did the ol' slam slam slam slam of their luggage down EVERY FLIPPIN' STEP right over my head, the pictures on the walls are all crooked in here, things fell over in the foyer. Lovely, isn't it.
Hope today is a new day for everyone! HAPPY MONDAY INNKEEPERS!.
Its when you ask them do you need any help with the luggage and they go No and bang it down the stairs! You just want to say give it here you
angry_smile.gif
idiots!

Back