wine and blood and stain removal

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The small blood stains on pillows at this time of year I've been told is from guys shaving before going to bed. It's just so warm they tend to bleed a little. For those, I'd hit them with Shout or whatever you have (peroxide-based) and throw them in COLD water to wash..
Bree said:
The small blood stains on pillows at this time of year I've been told is from guys shaving before going to bed. It's just so warm they tend to bleed a little. For those, I'd hit them with Shout or whatever you have (peroxide-based) and throw them in COLD water to wash.
Okay this is a strange question. After 20 years of marriage, I can't imagine Dh shaving before bed as it would grow back before morning. Is the shaving before bed - a romance thing, you know, whisker burns?
Sorry but I had to ask.
I don't think so, I think it is more an issue of when you shower. I shave before showering, and in the summer I tend to shower in the evening to get the day's grime off me.
You shave before you shower? My DH only shaves after a shower, which is generally in the afternoon or early evening. After most of the sweaty work of the day. I guess that's romantic.
LOL I shave before I shower, it's the only way to get all the whiskers and shaving "slime" off without having to completely re-wash my face.
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif
TMI, I know.
swirt said:
LOL I shave before I shower, it's the only way to get all the whiskers and shaving "slime" off without having to completely re-wash my face.
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif
TMI, I know.
Strictly a technical question, but isn't it easier to shave AFTER a shower because your pores are open and your hairy self is softer?
See my take is that open pores just leave places for shaving slime to accumulate and lead to irritation.

Okay y'all got me into trouble. We removed a canopy from our truck last night in the heat. I assisted using pvc pipe to roll the thing off as DH used brute force to carry it onto a set of chairs. Anyway, got home, he showered and we had dinner. I asked, Why don't you ever shave at night before bed? Don't some men do this?
Of course asking him about men always gets me in trouble, like I am qualifying his knowlege of what other men do and therefore he will not answer.
Anyway, hI suggested me save in the evening for romance and he laughed in my face. THANKS ALOT INNKEEPERS! He even suggest that women LIKE facial hair.
I give up!

Okay y'all got me into trouble. We removed a canopy from our truck last night in the heat. I assisted using pvc pipe to roll the thing off as DH used brute force to carry it onto a set of chairs. Anyway, got home, he showered and we had dinner. I asked, Why don't you ever shave at night before bed? Don't some men do this?
Of course asking him about men always gets me in trouble, like I am qualifying his knowlege of what other men do and therefore he will not answer.
Anyway, hI suggested me save in the evening for romance and he laughed in my face. THANKS ALOT INNKEEPERS! He even suggest that women LIKE facial hair.
I give up!.
LOL ... sorry.
embaressed_smile.gif

wine out was the wine removal, and someone gave me a recipe for it but I'll have to look - I have been told that hydogen peroxide on blood will take it out. I'm not sure if you soak it or spray it.
Riki

I give up!.
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
I give up!
And they wonder why we never tell them what we're thinking or what we want...it's not so much we want them to GUESS as we don't want to get laughed at in the process! BTW, whenever hubs goes off to trim his mustache I tell him to kiss me now. It's like kissing a porcupine once he's done. Ouch!

I had alot of mascara on towels and wash clothes and hand towels this week. Had a mother and daughter for 8 days. I put them in the utility tub and ran warm water on them. Then used the bar of ??Fells something on the stains and rubbed them till it took them out and then put them in the wash. These were all on white linens so they came out well.
Originally, I put them in the tub with warm water, oxyclean and detergent. It didn't fase the stains. So then I hit the stain with the bar soap and scrubbed them and they each came out.

I had alot of mascara on towels and wash clothes and hand towels this week. Had a mother and daughter for 8 days. I put them in the utility tub and ran warm water on them. Then used the bar of ??Fells something on the stains and rubbed them till it took them out and then put them in the wash. These were all on white linens so they came out well.
Originally, I put them in the tub with warm water, oxyclean and detergent. It didn't fase the stains. So then I hit the stain with the bar soap and scrubbed them and they each came out..
hawley said:
Had a mother and daughter for 8 days. I put them in the utility tub and ran warm water on them. Then used the bar of ??Fells something on the stains and rubbed them till it took them out and then put them in the wash.
Picture in my head of the mother & daughter in the washtub...you scrubbing them down with Fels Naptha.

Originally, I put them in the tub with warm water, oxyclean and detergent. It didn't fase the stains. So then I hit the stain with the bar soap and scrubbed them and they each came out..
hawley said:
Had a mother and daughter for 8 days. I put them in the utility tub and ran warm water on them. Then used the bar of ??Fells something on the stains and rubbed them till it took them out and then put them in the wash.
Picture in my head of the mother & daughter in the washtub...you scrubbing them down with Fels Naptha.
ok that word picture..., I laughed so hard I cried and got hic cups!

fels-naptha.jpg
Never used it before but the reviews on Amazon make it sound like great stuff. Do the bars last a long time? (in other words, should I order it by the bar or by the case of 24?)

fels-naptha.jpg
Never used it before but the reviews on Amazon make it sound like great stuff. Do the bars last a long time? (in other words, should I order it by the bar or by the case of 24?)
My Mom used to use Fels Naptha & I saw it in the grocery store a few weeks ago. I think I'll get some because I had to wash a hand towel a couple of times before mascara came out. As I recall, it's a hard soap & lasts.

fels-naptha.jpg
I couldn't remember the name of it. But Fels Naptha is what I use on stains. Took out mascara with it from white towels this weekend. I have had a bar for a few years and it is only about 1/6 gone.
I just wet the area real good and then rub the stain with the bar, then scrub the area together and run water over it to see if the stain is gone. If not, rub the bar on it again and rub together again. Works real well on alot of stains.
I bought 1 bar a few years ago and won't be buying another for a while. I would think a case would be a lifetime supply.

hawley said:
You do paint quite a picture.

fels-naptha.jpg
I couldn't remember the name of it. But Fels Naptha is what I use on stains. Took out mascara with it from white towels this weekend. I have had a bar for a few years and it is only about 1/6 gone.
I just wet the area real good and then rub the stain with the bar, then scrub the area together and run water over it to see if the stain is gone. If not, rub the bar on it again and rub together again. Works real well on alot of stains.
I bought 1 bar a few years ago and won't be buying another for a while. I would think a case would be a lifetime supply.
Good to know, thanks.
wink_smile.gif

fels-naptha.jpg
swirt said:
fels-naptha.jpg
A) why is it I never remeber to do the link thingy.
sad_smile.gif

B) It lasts forever. Get a bar and go from there. It doesn't lather like regular soap so it doesn't wear away as quickly.

fels-naptha.jpg
swirt said:
fels-naptha.jpg
That sums me up at the moment, I fels naptha. yawwwwwn

fels-naptha.jpg
swirt said:
fels-naptha.jpg
That sums me up at the moment, I fels naptha. yawwwwwn
LOL That is too funny.
teeth_smile.gif

We use a hard bar called "Zote" which sounds the same. We had blood on a sheet, brand new first use, and one of our friends told us about this bar. Wiped it on the stain, set it in the sun (which helps a lot - have no idea why) and the blood came out. We have used this bar for all stains (hair dye on towels even) and it has worked every time. Only put it out in the sun if the stain is stubborn.
The bar is hardly used and it will last for years and years I am sure.

We use a hard bar called "Zote" which sounds the same. We had blood on a sheet, brand new first use, and one of our friends told us about this bar. Wiped it on the stain, set it in the sun (which helps a lot - have no idea why) and the blood came out. We have used this bar for all stains (hair dye on towels even) and it has worked every time. Only put it out in the sun if the stain is stubborn.
The bar is hardly used and it will last for years and years I am sure..
The sun has a great bleaching effect:)

Back