wine and blood and stain removal

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
can't seem to find the thread - maybe it's at the old place.
what's the product that removes wine recommended 'here'? and does it work on blood? we have a number of blood stains on pillows lately. small really small stains, on a pillow case .. have noticed maybe five or six so far this summer. i am thinking bug bites? i hit them with the tide pen but i don't know if that will work.
also a lot of mascara on two pillow cases, they might be a gonner.
and (yuck) apologies ... but looks like little poo streaks on a sheet and bathrobe.
crossing my fingers these stains all come out!
chambermaid (read that YOUNG chambermaid) was a bit upset about adult diapers in the bathroom, all bagged up and tied for disposal. at least the guest tied off the bag. not a big deal. 'eeewwww' she said. .... i said, 'but no wet sheets or blankets, so it's a good thing.' and i took the bag out to the trash barrels. she had to agree with that .......... ah, youth! to be surprised at these things .........

Wine stain remover : Its a miracle worker on wine and juice stains. I don't think it does much on blood...not sure.
Had some luck with WD-40 on mascara stains, but I think it depends on the type of mascara.

seashanty said:
ah, youth! to be surprised at these things .........
Yes... at some point all moms have been peed, pooped, bled, and barfed on (or at least, have had to deal with them on others), it changes our perspective significantly. Nurses, too, I think.
=)
Kk.

The small blood stains on pillows at this time of year I've been told is from guys shaving before going to bed. It's just so warm they tend to bleed a little. For those, I'd hit them with Shout or whatever you have (peroxide-based) and throw them in COLD water to wash.

The small blood stains on pillows at this time of year I've been told is from guys shaving before going to bed. It's just so warm they tend to bleed a little. For those, I'd hit them with Shout or whatever you have (peroxide-based) and throw them in COLD water to wash..
This is true...the hummidity sometimes keeps them from scabbing up as fast as they normally would too.

The small blood stains on pillows at this time of year I've been told is from guys shaving before going to bed. It's just so warm they tend to bleed a little. For those, I'd hit them with Shout or whatever you have (peroxide-based) and throw them in COLD water to wash..
This is true...the hummidity sometimes keeps them from scabbing up as fast as they normally would too.
swirt said:
There, a definitive answer from someone who would know!

That Oxiclean dual product works well on the blood stains. I've had what looked like nose bleeds on a couple of pillow cases which went through to the pillow protectors but stopped before the pillow. Whew!
Shout or one of those works pre-treaters generally works on small poo stains. yuck!
Count your blessings that they wore the Depends. I stripped a bed today & "stains" made their way all the way to the waterproof pads, but the mattress was fine. Double whew! A good case for waterproof pads of any sort.
Trust me...we nurses have seen it all!!!

Bree said:
The small blood stains on pillows at this time of year I've been told is from guys shaving before going to bed. It's just so warm they tend to bleed a little. For those, I'd hit them with Shout or whatever you have (peroxide-based) and throw them in COLD water to wash.
Okay this is a strange question. After 20 years of marriage, I can't imagine Dh shaving before bed as it would grow back before morning. Is the shaving before bed - a romance thing, you know, whisker burns?
Sorry but I had to ask.

Bree said:
Okay this is a strange question. After 20 years of marriage, I can't imagine Dh shaving before bed as it would grow back before morning. Is the shaving before bed - a romance thing, you know, whisker burns?
Sorry but I had to ask.
haha jbj --- YES!
last marriage of mine was only 11 months long and he shaved before bed. so no stubble at nite. i would run in the bathroom and shave my legs as well!! no stubble on me .........
wink_smile.gif

Bree said:
Sorry but I had to ask.
haha jbj --- YES!
last marriage of mine was only 11 months long and he shaved before bed. so no stubble at nite. i would run in the bathroom and shave my legs as well!! no stubble on me .........
wink_smile.gif

seashanty said:
haha jbj --- YES!
wink_smile.gif
Ahhh that was what I thought.

Bree said:
Sorry but I had to ask.
I don't think so, I think it is more an issue of when you shower. I shave before showering, and in the summer I tend to shower in the evening to get the day's grime off me.

Bree said:
Sorry but I had to ask.
I don't think so, I think it is more an issue of when you shower. I shave before showering, and in the summer I tend to shower in the evening to get the day's grime off me.
swirt said:
DH showers evening and morning (after weights/workout). Only shaves in the morning. This is a good discussion as sometimes I cannot figure out things the guests do. Like some mentioning they always get dressed in the bathroom after a shower, and I never get dressed in the bathroom.
We can only picture the way we do things.
I think most of the blood on pillowcases is from picking or squeezin a zit.
tounge_smile.gif

Bree said:
Sorry but I had to ask.
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Bree said:
Sorry but I had to ask.
If I ever go out with a romantic guy, I'll let you know...

Bree said:
Sorry but I had to ask.
You shave before you shower? My DH only shaves after a shower, which is generally in the afternoon or early evening. After most of the sweaty work of the day. I guess that's romantic.

Bree said:
Sorry but I had to ask.
You shave before you shower? My DH only shaves after a shower, which is generally in the afternoon or early evening. After most of the sweaty work of the day. I guess that's romantic.
LOL I shave before I shower, it's the only way to get all the whiskers and shaving "slime" off without having to completely re-wash my face.
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif
TMI, I know.

Bree said:
Sorry but I had to ask.
LOL I shave before I shower, it's the only way to get all the whiskers and shaving "slime" off without having to completely re-wash my face.
TMI, I know.
swirt said:
TMI, I know.
Strictly a technical question, but isn't it easier to shave AFTER a shower because your pores are open and your hairy self is softer?

Bree said:
Sorry but I had to ask.
TMI, I know.
swirt said:
TMI, I know.
Strictly a technical question, but isn't it easier to shave AFTER a shower because your pores are open and your hairy self is softer?
That is my DH's theory about shaving.

Back