Winter Photos 2010

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey..it's almost 55 here today...can't believe it...And..the daffodils are now starting to peek through. DId the groundhog see his shadow?

Hey..it's almost 55 here today...can't believe it...And..the daffodils are now starting to peek through. DId the groundhog see his shadow?.
catlady said:
Hey..it's almost 55 here today...can't believe it...And..the daffodils are now starting to peek through. DId the groundhog see his shadow?
The stinkin' groundhog is under 3' of snow here. I don't think he saw anything!

Hey..it's almost 55 here today...can't believe it...And..the daffodils are now starting to peek through. DId the groundhog see his shadow?.
No shadow...he ran back into his hole when he saw the weather!
GL - we are having the swings in temps too but I'll take it over sleet and snowstorms. I just saw the photos on the news of Chicago. Oh, MY! I don't like the damp and gloom here that is Winter but I don't miss snow.......

icicles.JPG
shadows.JPG

sunrise.JPG

Sorry, I don't seem to be able to line these up. This was last week. I'll go out tomorrow and take some more with the new 12"! Not to worry, we have plenty of milk, bread cheese & wine..
Ice%20Storm%202005.jpg

This is actually a photo of our ice storm in 2005. Some of the forecasts say there will be more ice in the next 24 hours than we had then. Many residents in our town didn't have electricity for a week. I have a generator now at the B&B primarily because of that ice storm.
I'm sitting in the middle of a big pink blob on the radar right now. I guess it's good to have 24 hours of warning that your weather will consist of 48 hours of freezing rain, record breaking snowfall, wind gusts to 40 mph and near zero temps. Unfortunately, all the waiting is making me crazy.
I had 3 nights of business guest cancellations, but picked up 3 nights of business guest being stranded here. A salesman from St. Louis hasn't cancelled for tomorow yet, but I suspect he won't be able to make it from there to here. If he comes, I'll need to find a special award for him!
I am glad that I visited Indiana for the first time last November when there was unexpectedly mild weather.
wink_smile.gif
After 15 years in the Southwest and South, I don't miss bad winter weather...

We are having the same here-cold but no snow thank goodness this area is not suppose to get much snow but has gotten two snow storms this year which is unheard of. Love all the pictures-here is snow in the delta of AR....
manolia%20hill%20snow%202011.JPG

We are having the same here-cold but no snow thank goodness this area is not suppose to get much snow but has gotten two snow storms this year which is unheard of. Love all the pictures-here is snow in the delta of AR....
Beautiful place! brrrrrrrrrr.....snow........

No shadow...he ran back into his hole when he saw the weather!
GL - we are having the swings in temps too but I'll take it over sleet and snowstorms. I just saw the photos on the news of Chicago. Oh, MY! I don't like the damp and gloom here that is Winter but I don't miss snow.......
My daughter had a horrible time getting home this morning. She said she made it to her alley and had to shovel herself out 3 times before she gave up and parked on the street. She fully expects the plows to either bury her truck or multilate it. I hope no one tells them she is the one T-boned by a snow plow 2 years ago last month. It is still pending trial - city got it postponed, again.......

We had freezing rain tues into wed....
made all the existing snow that is smooth look like Fluff, or Meriange
Realy interesting to see when you catch the right light on it.

Resize your photo to e-mail or blog size. Then go into My Account. Click upload, then browse to find the photo on your computer, then click upload. Once it is in your account, do your post and click on the insert photo icon to bring your photo in. I think that is what you were asking.

Your place is gorgeous and I love Arkansas. I've been there 4 times while our sons were attending university there.

Back