Winter Photos 2010

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Please share your winter photos!
regular_smile.gif

Inside looking out?
Do you post winter scene pix on your website or blog? Please share. We would love to see them.

I too would like to see the photos......I would love to see your Christmas decorations too!!

Today we had snow flakes the size of cotton balls! They are still working on the sewer project today too. Both of these photos show the view from my porch right now. Thank goodness by the time guests start coming, they will be done and perhaps my street paved again. At least the WORK in front of my house is done. The view is the VFD parking lot that is being used now to park equipment and the dirt pile (that is NOT one of my hills).
Blogcotton%20ball-size%20flakes.JPG
BlogPorchView.JPG

icicles.JPG
shadows.JPG

sunrise.JPG

Sorry, I don't seem to be able to line these up. This was last week. I'll go out tomorrow and take some more with the new 12"! Not to worry, we have plenty of milk, bread cheese & wine.

icicles.JPG
shadows.JPG

sunrise.JPG

Sorry, I don't seem to be able to line these up. This was last week. I'll go out tomorrow and take some more with the new 12"! Not to worry, we have plenty of milk, bread cheese & wine..
Morticia said:
Not to worry, we have plenty of milk, bread cheese & wine.
At least you have the essentials ;)

icicles.JPG
shadows.JPG

sunrise.JPG

Sorry, I don't seem to be able to line these up. This was last week. I'll go out tomorrow and take some more with the new 12"! Not to worry, we have plenty of milk, bread cheese & wine..
brrrrrrrrr.... This is when I'm glad to live in the South. Even if it's been rainy lately. :)

icicles.JPG
shadows.JPG

sunrise.JPG

Ice%20Storm%202005.jpg

This is actually a photo of our ice storm in 2005. Some of the forecasts say there will be more ice in the next 24 hours than we had then. Many residents in our town didn't have electricity for a week. I have a generator now at the B&B primarily because of that ice storm.
I'm sitting in the middle of a big pink blob on the radar right now. I guess it's good to have 24 hours of warning that your weather will consist of 48 hours of freezing rain, record breaking snowfall, wind gusts to 40 mph and near zero temps. Unfortunately, all the waiting is making me crazy.
I had 3 nights of business guest cancellations, but picked up 3 nights of business guest being stranded here. A salesman from St. Louis hasn't cancelled for tomorow yet, but I suspect he won't be able to make it from there to here. If he comes, I'll need to find a special award for him!

icicles.JPG
shadows.JPG

sunrise.JPG

brrrrrrrrr.... This is when I'm glad to live in the South. Even if it's been rainy lately. :)
It was 64 degrees when I left for work this morning and 29 when I got home. Sometimes I wonder if I live in the South or not.

icicles.JPG
shadows.JPG

sunrise.JPG

Ice%20Storm%202005.jpg

This is actually a photo of our ice storm in 2005. Some of the forecasts say there will be more ice in the next 24 hours than we had then. Many residents in our town didn't have electricity for a week. I have a generator now at the B&B primarily because of that ice storm.
I'm sitting in the middle of a big pink blob on the radar right now. I guess it's good to have 24 hours of warning that your weather will consist of 48 hours of freezing rain, record breaking snowfall, wind gusts to 40 mph and near zero temps. Unfortunately, all the waiting is making me crazy.
I had 3 nights of business guest cancellations, but picked up 3 nights of business guest being stranded here. A salesman from St. Louis hasn't cancelled for tomorow yet, but I suspect he won't be able to make it from there to here. If he comes, I'll need to find a special award for him!
Innkeep said:
I'm sitting in the middle of a big pink blob on the radar right now.
You and me, both. But I won't get all the snow that's forecast for you...it'll just stay ice for me. :(

icicles.JPG
shadows.JPG

sunrise.JPG

Ice%20Storm%202005.jpg

THAT is a gorgeous photo. In spite of the ice factor, it is truly beautiful. Hope you get through the next few days ok. We're getting the generator out just in case.

icicles.JPG
shadows.JPG

sunrise.JPG

Ice%20Storm%202005.jpg

Innkeep said:
I'm sitting in the middle of a big pink blob on the radar right now.
You and me, both. But I won't get all the snow that's forecast for you...it'll just stay ice for me. :(
We are getting rain right now. I think the crap is supposed to hit the fan for us tomorrow afternoon. Cross fingers for an innmate from "way up north" who is heading south Thursday.

Back