Wire shelving units?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
I want to buy a heavy-duty wire shelving unit. Anyone have a good source? The kind of units they have at Crate & Barrel (for their use, not for purchase).

I can't remember what Crate & Barrel has, but a restaurant supply store might be a good place to start.

We got ours at Sam's - they have the commercial grade wire-shelving.

I just saw some tonight at Home Despot. I went to their website just now and didn't find them, though.
They were metal, shiny, wire, and appeared fairly sturdy. They had different sizes, the biggest had six shelves.
=)
Kk.

If the wire shelving is for YOUR bedroom, and it will be used alot, don't buy wire shelving. Everything falls through. We bought wire shelving from Home Depot for our bedroom and I hate it.
If it's going to be used alot, I would spend the extra money on solid drawers.
If it's for a guest room, then I would go with the wire.

If the wire shelving is for YOUR bedroom, and it will be used alot, don't buy wire shelving. Everything falls through. We bought wire shelving from Home Depot for our bedroom and I hate it.
If it's for a guest room, then I would go with the wire..
It's for my laundry room. With the new washer/dryer the old units won't fit. I need something tall and thin that will fit in the space and give me lots of storage.

It's for my laundry room. With the new washer/dryer the old units won't fit. I need something tall and thin that will fit in the space and give me lots of storage.
We have wire shelves in our laundry room. One time, when the washer was spinnng, a bottle of bleach fell. I don't think wire shelving is sturdy enough.
If we had to do it again, I would get solid shelves in the laundry room.

For linens it will be great and for holding bottles and other stuff, a piece of masonite will create a solid shelf easily - cardboard will work.

Back