Wish the Media would indentify properly

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Reaction score
This is a VENT!!
It has made NATIONAL news about the wild animals being let loose near Zanesville, Ohio. What is my gripe? They are NOT taking the trouble to point out it is NOT the preserve/attraction The Wilds that is near there. This was a man who had all these wild animals and let them loose before he killed himself.
The Wilds is licensed, properly maintained and works with the Columbus Zoo to study the animals and keep them in natural habitat (as close as one can get in Ohio). The Wilds has spent a lot of time and effort to become a tourist attraction. Can you imagine what this story is going to do to them now and in the future? What would it have taken for them to include - This is NOT animals from The Wilds or something like that.

Oh my...see you are correct...I was thinking it was the WILDS....:-( I was shocked. But, I just saw a photo of the place in an article and then I KNEW...it was not the Wilds. I am glad of that.

Oh my...see you are correct...I was thinking it was the WILDS....:-( I was shocked. But, I just saw a photo of the place in an article and then I KNEW...it was not the Wilds. I am glad of that..
That was my first thought when I heard it too. It was NOT until our local guy (my "adopted son" Reuben) talked with a new guy from the station he worked on in Cambidge that I found out it was not the Wilds. Nothing has been said in any way, shape, or form (that I have heard) to let the Public know it is not them.

Oh my...see you are correct...I was thinking it was the WILDS....:-( I was shocked. But, I just saw a photo of the place in an article and then I KNEW...it was not the Wilds. I am glad of that..
That was my first thought when I heard it too. It was NOT until our local guy (my "adopted son" Reuben) talked with a new guy from the station he worked on in Cambidge that I found out it was not the Wilds. Nothing has been said in any way, shape, or form (that I have heard) to let the Public know it is not them.
you would think they would pipe up themselves? I would do you think its worth emailing them with a link and just saying be aware of this?

you would think they would pipe up themselves? I would do you think its worth emailing them with a link and just saying be aware of this?
I am certain they know about it - they are in the area involved. Maybe they are thinking if nothing is said it will go away. Who knows. Personally I would not leave it imprinted on the twisted memories of John Q Public. To me, the public will remember (or memories will be triggered by) wild animals, Ohio..... Oh that was the place that had.......

Coming from someone who has never been to Ohio, I didn't wonder or even think about where this was. On to the next news...unfortunately, there is so much information bombarding us.

Coming from someone who has never been to Ohio, I didn't wonder or even think about where this was. On to the next news...unfortunately, there is so much information bombarding us..
Joey Bloggs said:
Coming from someone who has never been to Ohio, I didn't wonder or even think about where this was. On to the next news...unfortunately, there is so much information bombarding us.
I heard the report several times and couldn't remember what state the incident happened in. I don't think you have to worry. People have short memories when it comes to "news" soundbites.

Back