Witch ya think?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ice

Reaction score
There is a Halloween event at a nearby campground. People rent the campground then decorate it. People (local and not) walk through the campground and view the displays. Some may hand out candy some don’t. My question to you, do you feel it would be worth my while to handout candy with the B&B information on it? Some friends of ours will do the decorating. Just want to get your thoughts on this. I am interested in the business side of this. You think it would be worth the investment?
ghostsmiley.gif

Do what I did at a Fall festival three years ago...hand out small logo'd bottles of shampoos. You would not believe the stampede of kids who wanted them! The parents thanked us, less candy. :)

Ice said:
There is a Halloween event at a nearby campground...do you feel it would be worth my while to handout candy with the B&B information on it?
Would the point of this be that local people would refer visiting relatives and friends to you? Or would the locals themselves be coming to your place.
It just seems like there are some drawbacks to having locals stay with you, that being that they might invite friends to come over to enjoy your facilities too.

HOw long have you been in business in your town? Have you ever done anything that got you business from the locals? Do locals support your business? Are you involved in the community alot? I guess this all depends on you.
I like JB's idea of the shampoo..that's cute. But for me...our town Halloween event for the kids is all about fun and candy and I don't think anyone would appreciate me handing out anything but that. And I know for sure it wouldn't get me a lick of business here. Anything I have done locally has never paid off. I think I would pass on this event.....however, I support my town in many other ways.

I have done this with our local Chamber at our monthly local concert @ Holloween time. There were lots of kids and the parents took our brochure - some asking many questions. Has it brought me any business - not a penny, at least that I know of. But it was fun and the kids really enjoyed it. We do not have many come to our door as we live in a rural area - too far to walk between homes.
So my thoughts are do this because you WANT to have fun and provide smiles to children's faces, then any benefit you get after that is happily welcomed.
Note to Arkie - I have had some wonderful guests that are locals.... you just never know! We have had locals that needed a place because their AC went out, locals that have small children but needed a break - just not far from home, locals for honeymoons, etc. Then there are the locals that send you guests from out of town - most of the time we never see the locals, but if so they come by because they want to see the room. These guests are usually repeats and have become part of our family as well. I can count on one hand (with fingers left over) the number of times we had extended local visitors due to guests - and we are in our 12th year.

I have built a good relationship with a local software company which is odds and ends of business. Mainly I get local business from friends and friends of friends visiting each other if you see what i mean.

I have built a good relationship with a local software company which is odds and ends of business. Mainly I get local business from friends and friends of friends visiting each other if you see what i mean.

In MNVHO, what is it going to cost you? Probably chump change. You will be putting your name out there for people to remember. You said some are local and some are not. Even if they are camping people, there are times when camping is NOT the way to go.
I would do it and if possible be there, just for the fun of the noght!

Back