Wobbly Knees passed its first hurdle

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Tipsy Butler

Reaction score
We went before the Planning Board last night for what was supposed to be a Preliminary Meeting. We were very concerned about town opposition, but I was quite determined that this would be the FINAL meeting and it was. Voted through unanimously. Thank Goodness.
Funny aside .... my Dad was with us. There was one item left on the agenda after us, so they assumed that he was it and turned to him to give his presentation. I piped up "Umm no - he's just my Dad". At which point the head honcho on The Board pointed at me and said "This is one you should be proud of". Don't know why he said it, but it felt fabulous. So I walked in with a churning stomach and left beaming.

Congrats! And all good fortune with this newest venture
regular_smile.gif

Congrats TB. You always excel! Don't think your knees were noticable.
But on what? It must have been lost in translation.
teeth_smile.gif

Good for you and how nice for your dad to hear that!!!!!
RIki

teeth_smile.gif
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
teeth_smile.gif
I think you were on vacation when TB announced her newest venture...Wobbly Knees Wine and Cheese Bar. In the former location of Quacks/Quackers (sorry, I'm drawing a blank).

you go, girl!
to all: you have to hear tipsy say 'wobbly knees wine and cheese' with her british accent.
it is perfect!

Only one go round with the council is wonderful. Good for you...I am sure your dad did not need to here the compliment to be proud of you, but I am sure he was even more proud since he did!

Congratulations and for your Dad to be there was "icing on the cake!" I think we spend out lives trying to make our parents proud of us.
Funny thing, the thing that made my Daddy most proud was that I was a Councilman in Podunk! Go figure. He died the month I opened the B & B.

Back