Woohoo! And Thank You!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Generic

Reaction score
WooHoo.gif
Just a nice little woohoo and a thank you for being a nice place to chat, rant and cry.
We have managed to surpass our $ totals for all of last year already. I'm glad that after several suggestions around here that I...
  1. Raised my rates in the summer.
  2. Stopped discounting single days.
  3. Changed my online booking discount.
  4. Stopped taking all telephone reservations.
  5. Started offering some flexible pricing that allows people to pre-pay their stay for an extra discount.
PS: 16 days before our vacation... 16 days... 16 days.. I must hold on for 16 days...

WooHoo!!! It's always a great feeling to reap the benefits of working smarter, not harder!

cheers.gif

Congrats!!!!! this is an awsome forum-so you are in the 15 days and a wake up till vacation. We are finished here as well, packing and 4 days and a wake up to get on the road and vacation...

GREAT NEWS! So when will the new web site be ready? Then you will really see a difference :) Enjoy your vacation first!!!

This prompted me to do a compare to last year. I was startled to see that adding the 4 nights on the books for Oct (and that could be more with a phone call or e-mail), we will be $40 ahead of the end of Oct 2010- AND that is with being closed up for 6 weeks!!

This prompted me to do a compare to last year. I was startled to see that adding the 4 nights on the books for Oct (and that could be more with a phone call or e-mail), we will be $40 ahead of the end of Oct 2010- AND that is with being closed up for 6 weeks!!.
gillumhouse said:
This prompted me to do a compare to last year. I was startled to see that adding the 4 nights on the books for Oct (and that could be more with a phone call or e-mail), we will be $40 ahead of the end of Oct 2010- AND that is with being closed up for 6 weeks!!
thumbs_up.gif

We're doing the happy dance also. We're up more than 10% from last year!

This prompted me to do a compare to last year. I was startled to see that adding the 4 nights on the books for Oct (and that could be more with a phone call or e-mail), we will be $40 ahead of the end of Oct 2010- AND that is with being closed up for 6 weeks!!.
gillumhouse said:
thumbs_up.gif

May it continue for all of us. It goes around to make the economy work. They pay us, we buy supplies, (collect & pay the taxes), etc, etc... And mine is with all the discounts (military and reduced rates with funerals) & freebies I give the City and the nights I had to pass along because I was going somewhere for the City. I gave away a 2-nighter last night because the couple in the shared bath really did not want to share (I had told her I did not expect to have another request). Glad I passed because DH wants to do a photo shoot day tomorrow if weather cooperates.

gillumhouse said:
thumbs_up.gif

10% here, too.

That is wonderful news. It is a good way to end the year.
cheers.gif
a toast to you both .
I know For us we increased by 12% this year so far. Winter I imagine will close down to a snail pace as the mountain will stop most from travaling through such high pass.

Back