WOOHOO! New Computer tomorrow!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
The computer new guy has a faster connect than I do because he said it only took an hour to download 3 gig of data to my hard drive. He will be bringing my new baby home tomorrow night!! Woohoo!! thanks to my long-term guests, I can just write a check. The gazebo may be turning into a gaze........

I FORGOT THAT THE POOTER FROM 2010 HAD DOWNLOADED MY OLD FILES INTO A SPECIAL DESKTOP NAME WITH DOCUMENTS, PICTURES, ETC UNDER THAT NAME IN DESKTOP AND THEN THERE WAS A FILE FROM THAT POOTER WITH DOCUMENTS, PICTURES, ETC. SO THE TECH DOWNLOADED THE DOCUMENTS, PICTURES, ETC BUT NOT THE MAIN GROUP -oops, not shouting, just did not realize caps lock was on. This explains why it only took an hour to load my stuff from Car bon ite. I am now, after 3 days, almost done restoring my photos. When that is done, I will call them again to restore my documents - Word, Excel, etc since that is where my ledgers, Minutes, etc are stored. Once we got Out look sending, all was well. This tower is smaller than the last one. Each time, the tower gets smaller, probably partly because they do not take the hard floppy disks any longer - cannot call them floppy because they were not floppy any more at the end.

thumbs_up.gif
yay for new computers! i have only heard good things about carbo nite so i have confidence. i won't show the whole name since you don't hope it all goes well

thumbs_up.gif
yay for new computers! i have only heard good things about carbo nite so i have confidence. i won't show the whole name since you don't hope it all goes well.
As far as I can tell, I got it all. Am saving the file to the regular documents as I go along because the restored ones are read-only. I will start deleting from the restored file section as I go along. It has ben interesting, but I am getting better at this!! GOD forbid a next time - but i will know better what to say regarding files. I will get rid of any alternate places once I am certain all is transferred. I like that the new tower is smaller. Would have gotten a laptop if my desk was bigger.

Back