Wooly Mammoth for your inn

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'll be! I am so old fashioned that I am modern again! I still use my wool dry mops for our wooden floors....just like I have been for the last 40 years! They do work great, shake out clean and pick up what ever is missed with the vac.

Well I'll be! I am so old fashioned that I am modern again! I still use my wool dry mops for our wooden floors....just like I have been for the last 40 years! They do work great, shake out clean and pick up what ever is missed with the vac..
uh, I did say Farmer's Almanac.
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif
In publication since 1818. okay so in those terms you are modern. :)

I have one, would ot bee without it! It is amazing what a broom leaves behind! A swi ffer is nice too, but it takes 4ev-er to use when you have large areas to clean. I use a swi ffer in the guest bathrooms as they are grrrrreat (as Tony the Tiger would say) at picking up hair and can get into tiny spots & crevices.

That is all I have ever used on my wood floors!
When I had the floors refinished, the guys doing it told me to also use a product called: "Quick and clean dust mop treatment" by Hillyard. I LOVE the stuff! It works absolutely wonderful! You spray it on the dust mop and then use it on the floors!

When I had the floors refinished, the guys doing it told me to also use a product called: "Quick and clean dust mop treatment" by Hillyard. I LOVE the stuff! It works absolutely wonderful! You spray it on the dust mop and then use it on the floors!.
is it like a wax? meaning does it make a slick finish?

When I had the floors refinished, the guys doing it told me to also use a product called: "Quick and clean dust mop treatment" by Hillyard. I LOVE the stuff! It works absolutely wonderful! You spray it on the dust mop and then use it on the floors!.
gillumhouse said:
No, its not a wax. You spray it on the dust mop, and it helps it grab every piece of lint and dust and makes it stick together for easy cleaning. It also helps keep the floors clean, not grimmy or dirty. If I see an espec dirty spot like infront of the door, I'll spray it directly on the floor and then rub it good with a clean cloth.
It does keep the floors nice and shiny.

gillumhouse said:
No, its not a wax. You spray it on the dust mop, and it helps it grab every piece of lint and dust and makes it stick together for easy cleaning. It also helps keep the floors clean, not grimmy or dirty. If I see an espec dirty spot like infront of the door, I'll spray it directly on the floor and then rub it good with a clean cloth.
It does keep the floors nice and shiny.
With DH I have to worry about the crutch tips skidding on the floor. Glossy usually means slick. Slick means picking him up off the floor.

Back