Wordpress theme vendor recommendations

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've now spent 12 hours looking for the right WordPress responsive hospitality theme. Please, someone, just give me the answer!!!.
I hear you. I ended up purchasing Whitelight from Woo, mentioned above. I loved their shortcodes. I loved that it was responsive...and I loved the SEO tools, and was developing and things got complicated with booking & CC payments, and I needed something with an integrated booking module in the short term, so I had to buy another hotel specific theme - did that from dailywp.
Don't really recommend the second theme - I had to and am still correcting language on the booking module, though I hear they're coming out with a new version and they reply to emails on the spot.
One thing that I did do, in the larger theme companies, they often let you sign up for a demo account to test the theme on their server with their themes, so you can see what the backend looks like, and get a taste for what customization would look like.
In woo, it's called the "theme playground".
You don't have to buy a hotel specific theme. You can adapt any theme to suit your needs. You can incorporate your own reservation system into the site. Don't depend on theirs. You can also get plugins which will do reservations. They aren't the best but they will work. Just to a plug in search in wordpress. Look for the ones that have the most stars. Those are usually the ones most use.

Arbutus web design specializes in bed and breakfast website design & inn marketing. We understand the need for business owners to separate themselves from the competition and know how to effectively market your small business. Let us put our expertise to work for you
www.arbutuswd.com

I am currently helping a local TT group get off the ground here in Clevedon and before I encourage them to think about what they want their site to look like I'm asking them to focus on wordpress what they want the site to do. They are an intelligent group of people but overall their ICT experience is a bit thin and as a newly formed group they are unsure just how they use or even rely on a website.

WordPress is a free and open source blogging tool and a content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL, which runs on a web hosting service. Features include a plug-in architecture and a template system. WordPress is used by more than 18.9% of the top 10 million websites as of August 2013.WordPress is the most popular blogging system in use on the Web, at more than 60 million websites.
new wordpress templates

Just as an update, I did decide to go with this particular wootheme that is supposed to be "responsive"...which means it scales to different screen sizes, automatically, like from a mobile device to a desktop. I'm not sure how well I like it yet, but will give an update and post a link when the site is more complete..
hMMM I thought most of them did that anyway. Any theme I have used I have check in a smartphone and on a tablet and they all worked fine with nothing needing to be done. Maybe I am not clear on this but it has worked with what I have done. Good luck.
catlady said:
hMMM I thought most of them did that anyway. Any theme I have used I have check in a smartphone and on a tablet and they all worked fine with nothing needing to be done. Maybe I am not clear on this but it has worked with what I have done. Good luck.
Thanks. It's new to me too.
Here's Woo's blog about one of their first responsive themes, for those curious: www.woothemes.com/2011/09/a-responsive-wordpress-theme/
CafeMae said:
catlady said:
Thanks. It's new to me too.
Here's Woo's blog about one of their first responsive themes, for those curious: www.woothemes.com/2011/09/a-responsive-wordpress-theme/
Not sure I am a fan of the "responsive" if that is what it is going to look like, I would rather have visitors to our site stuck with a eautiful photo and book from there then have everything gutted and generic. I realize this is not a B&B example they give. These handheld devices have top speed and seem to be the ones who can view anything better anyway. They might have to hand size the page and move around it a bit (like on a tablet).
PS The link brought up more questions than I neeed in the comments below. Hope it works out well for you Cafemae. B&B websites are all about the photos!
There are plenty of free WordPress themes out there from various designers but if you're looking for a really attractive and highly customizable theme you might think of you on the
Free WordPress Theme

Back