WORDS

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
Stewardesses' is the longest word
typed with only the left hand.
And 'lollipop' is the longest word typed
with your right hand.

(Bet you tried this out mentally, didn't you?)

No word in the English language rhymes with
month , orange, silver, or purple.

' Dreamt' is the only English word that ends in the letters 'mt'.
(Are you doubting this?)

our eyes are always the same size from birth,
but our nose and ears
never stop growing.

The sentence: 'The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog'
uses every letter of the alphabet.
(Now, you KNOW you're going to try this out for accuracy, right?)

The words 'racecar,' 'kayak' and 'level' are the same whether they are read left to right
or right to left (palindromes).
(Yep, I knew you were going to 'do' this one.)

There are only four words in the English language which end in 'dous': tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.

(You're not possibly doubting this, are you ?)

There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in order: 'abstemious' and 'facetious.'
(Yes, admit it, you are going to say, a e i o u)

TYPEWRITER
is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.
(All you typists are going to test this out)

A cat has 32 muscles in each ear

A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds .

(Some days that's about what my memory span is.)

A 'jiffy' is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.

A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.

A snail can sleep for three years.
(I know some people that could do this too.!)

Almonds
are a member of the peach family.

An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.

(I know some people like that also . Actually I know A LOT of people like this!)

Babies are born without kneecaps.

They don't appear until the child reaches 2 to 6 years of age.

February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon.

In the last 4,000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.

If the population of China walked past you, 8 abreast,
the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction.

Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors

Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite!

Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.

The average person's left hand does 56% of the typing.

The cruise liner, QE 2,

moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.

The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
(Good thing he did that.)

The winter of 1932 was so cold that Niagara Falls
froze completely solid .

There are more chickens than people in the world.

Winston Churchill

was born in a ladies' room during a dance.

Women blink nearly twice as much as men.

Now you know more than you did before!!

I love little trivia like this - some of that I had not heard. Interesting...made me smile this morning!
teeth_smile.gif

JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Winston Churchill

LOL. That makes it sound as if he were born in a bathroom. Rest assured, that is not the case. He was born in the family's ancestral home, Blenheim Palace, which is the largest home in England. The house and courtyard cover over 7 acres of the property's 2000 acres. It's quite the place. Less than a month ago, I stood in the room in which he was born, and saw the bed he was born in.

JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Winston Churchill

LOL. That makes it sound as if he were born in a bathroom. Rest assured, that is not the case. He was born in the family's ancestral home, Blenheim Palace, which is the largest home in England. The house and courtyard cover over 7 acres of the property's 2000 acres. It's quite the place. Less than a month ago, I stood in the room in which he was born, and saw the bed he was born in..
Been there too...quite impressive. We toured a bunch of homes that are part of the British National Trust along with some of the Treasure House of England when we were there. Thanks for setting us straight on what a "ladies' room" means :)

JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Winston Churchill

LOL. That makes it sound as if he were born in a bathroom. Rest assured, that is not the case. He was born in the family's ancestral home, Blenheim Palace, which is the largest home in England. The house and courtyard cover over 7 acres of the property's 2000 acres. It's quite the place. Less than a month ago, I stood in the room in which he was born, and saw the bed he was born in..
Been there too...quite impressive. We toured a bunch of homes that are part of the British National Trust along with some of the Treasure House of England when we were there. Thanks for setting us straight on what a "ladies' room" means :)
I walked through all those rooms and couldn't stop thinking "how do you keep this dusted?" and "well, the common areas are OK, but what are the guest rooms like?" ;)

JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Winston Churchill

I walked through all those rooms and couldn't stop thinking "how do you keep this dusted?" and "well, the common areas are OK, but what are the guest rooms like?" ;)
24 hour staff
teeth_smile.gif

JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Winston Churchill

IronGate said:
Have you ever seen those TV shows that go thru the castles? They ask the 'help' how long it takes to polish the main staircase? 2 WEEKS!

Ever go on a cruise? There will be one guy polishing the brass rail in the atrium for ever. That is all he does all day every day for months on end! Fingerprints - the guy must want to cut fingers off after a while. I would touch it and feel guilty. What a horrible job. Not hard, mind you, just monotonous.

I love things like this. Thanks for sharing.
Where did you get your information?

Back