World Carfree Day 2009

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
(I am not posting this here to be political, I am always thinking 'marketing' for your B&B. If you wish to promote this event via a special or something, that is why it is on the forum.
help.gif
JBJ)
World Carfree Day 2009
Every September 22, people from around the world get together in the streets, intersections, and neighbourhood blocks to remind the world that we don't have to accept our car-dominated society.
But we do not want just one day of celebration and then a return to "normal" life. When people get out of their cars, they should stay out of their cars. It is up to us, it is up to our cities, and our governments to help create permanent change to benefit pedestrians, cyclists, and other people who do not drive cars.
Let World Carfree Day be a showcase for just how our cities might look like, feel like, and sound like without cars…365 days a year.
As the climate heats up, World Carfree Day is the perfect time to take the heat off the planet, and put it on city planners and politicians to give priority to cycling, walking and public transport, instead of to the automobile.
So take the time, browse the links and resources provided, and join in on the celebrations!
http://www.worldcarfree.net/wcfd/
carfree%20day%20logo.jpg

Cool Beans!!! Maybe I can tie that in to our Frontier Days. I posted a special for family fun my 2 shared as a package for the festival with the second room as 1/2 price pointing out that we are 1 block from the stage and across the street (the Midway) from the carnival. I hope it works!!

When I first looked at the title, I thought it said, "World Carefree Day". Wouldn't that be a fun day!!
teeth_smile.gif

When I first looked at the title, I thought it said, "World Carefree Day". Wouldn't that be a fun day!!
teeth_smile.gif
Samster said:
teeth_smile.gif
That could be a unique holiday invented by an innkeeper! Reminds me of that story...let me try to find it...you know the tear jerker.
Make like a tree and leave - your worries behind. :) That's not it...let me find it.

teeth_smile.gif
Samster said:
teeth_smile.gif
That could be a unique holiday invented by an innkeeper! Reminds me of that story...let me try to find it...you know the tear jerker.
Make like a tree and leave - your worries behind. :) That's not it...let me find it.
It is basically hang your coat of stress and worry on the tree of cares when you come home from work BEFORE going in the house so you can enjoy your family.

Back