Worst B&B Smell?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
I won't cook fish inside here, or that would be my top worst smell. Second? What we had tonight. BURNED BROCOLI!
I was microwaving some sticky rice and decided to steam the broccoli on the stove. Started folding a giant load of towels when the smell began to waft through the house.
Not a pleasant smell. Yes, there are guests upstairs. OOPS. It happens.

Burnt popcorn. It's the main reason I don't put a microwave upstairs.
Jeanne

I agree with burnt popcorn. The first time someone burnt some in the guest microwave, I took away the popcorn....yuk! The other thing I can't stand is the smell of bacon cooking. That aroma lingers FOREVER...we never served bacon after the first few times.

I agree with burnt popcorn. The first time someone burnt some in the guest microwave, I took away the popcorn....yuk! The other thing I can't stand is the smell of bacon cooking. That aroma lingers FOREVER...we never served bacon after the first few times..
We cook bacon in our kitchen with all the windows open. But, you're right, the smell is great for a few minutes and then not so much. Much later, after he was done cooking it, hubs said, 'I have to go change my shirt, this is awful.'

I agree with burnt popcorn. The first time someone burnt some in the guest microwave, I took away the popcorn....yuk! The other thing I can't stand is the smell of bacon cooking. That aroma lingers FOREVER...we never served bacon after the first few times..
We cook bacon in our kitchen with all the windows open. But, you're right, the smell is great for a few minutes and then not so much. Much later, after he was done cooking it, hubs said, 'I have to go change my shirt, this is awful.'
Bacon doesn't seem to be a problem...I keep the vent fan running the entire time. Microwave popcorn is pervasive which is why I don't have it here.

Teen age boys in a room. What do they do in there?? (they were not messy - have had worse adults, just smelly)

Our B&B will be located in the heart of the Mushroom Capital of the World. Do you know what mushrooms are grown in? Well, the whole area stinks and yes, it gets into the house. I'll just have to tell guests ahead of time that it comes with the territory.

Our B&B will be located in the heart of the Mushroom Capital of the World. Do you know what mushrooms are grown in? Well, the whole area stinks and yes, it gets into the house. I'll just have to tell guests ahead of time that it comes with the territory..
Wendy said:
Our B&B will be located in the heart of the Mushroom Capital of the World. Do you know what mushrooms are grown in? Well, the whole area stinks and yes, it gets into the house. I'll just have to tell guests ahead of time that it comes with the territory.
Kennett Square PA!

Our B&B will be located in the heart of the Mushroom Capital of the World. Do you know what mushrooms are grown in? Well, the whole area stinks and yes, it gets into the house. I'll just have to tell guests ahead of time that it comes with the territory..
I know where that is!!!
We used to live in Havre de Grace and went up to LG all the time....
=)
Kk.

We looked at buying a B&B in Kennett Square quite awhile ago. The Brandywine Valley is a pretty area & lots of interesting things to do. Best of luck with your renovations. Welcome to Innspiring!

Back