Worst PITA of all time!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proud Texan

Reaction score
O.K., I have one for the books.
As we were fluffing our guest cottages in the middle of a two-night stay, my wife called me to the side of one of the cottages where a middle-aged unmarried couple were staying. She said, "Quick, get over here and look at this!" I preceded to gaze upon one of the singular most disgusting sights I've ever seen. It looked like someone had dumped a large bucket of diarrhea on the side of the cottage an onto the ground below it.
Not ever wanting to assume the worst, I ventured to guess that it was a wild animal of some sort that had relieved itself in the poorest of locations. I quickly grabbed a water hose and disinfectant and cleaned the area as best I could.
The next morning at breakfast, I asked the guest in that cottage if they had heard any peculiar noises the night before because sometimes we get raccoon, bobcats, armadillos, possums etc. coming around and generally causing problems and apparently they had had a visitor. They said no. The female half of the couple continued to press us for more information and was quite curious as to why we had asked. Her male companion just looked at his plate and kept eating.
Fast forward to after checkout and the over all cleaning of the cottages. As I'm leaving the storage area behind the cottages with my cleaning supplies, I catch something white out of the corner of my eye down in the creek bottom. When I go to take a closer look, I very quickly see that it is feces covered kleenex that A HUMAN has thrown down the banks of the creek not far from where the initial gross discovery was made.
DW also discovered a small spot of "poo" on the bathroom rug that someone, who had been in proximity of the diarrheal explosion, had tracked into the room.
Totally grossed out! We both felt as if we had been violated not to mention been totally disrespected. What were they thinking? We have very functional toilets in each room. Had that been occupied, there is a working outhouse some 100 feet from the cottages. And, even if they couldn't have made it to either of those facilities in time, why not walk 5 feet to the woods instead of blasting it on the side of a building?
There was also a water hose nearby. Why didn't they clean their mess afterwards? I've never been so angry in my life.
pita.gif

Oh my, just....eeeewwww! I guess if someone were having a real emergency and his significant other were using the bathroom IN the cottage he might have to use mother nature...but as you said would you not go somewhere secluded?
I will never, ever, ever understand people. Never. I am so sorry you had to clean this up. EEEEWWWW!

barf.gif
Trying to find an answer to why ANYone would do this? But there is NO real logical answer is there! This guy (well I am assuming it was the guy) just has no respect for others.
Well I am sure there is no sense in asking if you added them to your DNB list!!!!

Something like that happened at a national park lodge I worked at. The man smeared his poo all over the walls of his room. No one knows why he did that either. People do very strange things.

We had a similar problem with a guest from an arab country where their plumbing is a bit shaky so the bodily function part goes in the toilet and the toilet paper goes in a bin next to it so as not to clog up the system. Thats fine for there but we don't have that problem so he kept taking the bin liner out of the bin and doing this. If he had left the liner in I wouldn't have minded so much as you could have just tied it up but no. He was very odd was comming for a teaching english as a foreign language course conference but never went to it and went visiting all over to mosques instead. Every day he was like oh I may leave tomorro and we had to tell him you have booked 7 nights you will have to pay in full and he seemed really confused by this concept. Prior to his arival he emailed every day to check his reservation. this may seem excessive but in soudi you don't have a reservation like we do ie you book and you are guaranteed a room if people get there before you even if they havnt booked they will sell them the room. Was glad to see him go really. all the other guests from all over the world were lovley. Felt sorry for the chechoslovakian (probbably spelt wrong) girl got her ham and cheese slices for breakfast as they have that there for breakfast with crusty bread so all our usual stuff was a bit much for her. I think on the first day it is all new and exciting after that it can be a bit much.

Sounds like they BOTH had emergencies. And yet they sat and had breakfast? Boggles the mind. Were they inebriated?

Hey did you ever think it may be a racoon with very good hygiene habits (covering it with toilet paper)!!
shrug2.gif

Back