Would one of those little wine fridges.....

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wine coolers are usually set to chill wine for drinking, usually 44 - 55 degrees F. A refigerator should be set between 35 and 38 degrees F, to keep foods from spoiling.
If you are looking for something small, I would recommend a small fridge like those used for college dorms etc. real small ones run about $70 and the larger ones about $100 - $130.

Trish- If you want a small guest fridge, there is a great selection at Lowes. We got one that is dorm size and it has the freezer part which works great for ice. LOTS of space in the bottom for anything guests want to stuff in there...pizza, beer, wine, soda.

I've been meaning to post about this anyway...
This is what I got at Home Depot: http://www.geappliances.com/products/water/dispensers.htm
I wanted to get away from the little bottles of water. What's neat is that the base is a little refrigerator... no place for ice, but plenty of space for leftovers or a bottle or two of pop (aka soda) or baby formula. Of course, our last guests forgot the fridge was there and put their leftovers in the kitchen...
=)
Kk.

Wine coolers are usually set to chill wine for drinking, usually 44 - 55 degrees F. A refigerator should be set between 35 and 38 degrees F, to keep foods from spoiling.
If you are looking for something small, I would recommend a small fridge like those used for college dorms etc. real small ones run about $70 and the larger ones about $100 - $130..
I agree...A wine fridge doesn't cool properly to store food. A cube fridge would do the trick and actually would be less expensive than a wine fridge.

This is what I got at Home Depot: http://www.geappliances.com/products/water/dispensers.htm
I wanted to get away from the little bottles of water. What's neat is that the base is a little refrigerator... no place for ice, but plenty of space for leftovers or a bottle or two of pop (aka soda) or baby formula. Of course, our last guests forgot the fridge was there and put their leftovers in the kitchen...
=)
Kk..
How much does that run, if you don't mind my asking??

=)
Kk..
I forget. Maybe $95? Definitely under a $100. I got the one with hot/room temp/cold and the fridge below. Actually, I got two, one in the dining room and one on the second floor (where three guest room doors are). Now I'm searching for pitchers that I'm happy with (cheap, dishwasher safe, not ugly) to put in all the rooms.
The water is less than $6 if you're exchanging bottles. Home Despot is only 2 miles away, if that...
=)
Kk.

=)
Kk..
I forget. Maybe $95? Definitely under a $100. I got the one with hot/room temp/cold and the fridge below. Actually, I got two, one in the dining room and one on the second floor (where three guest room doors are). Now I'm searching for pitchers that I'm happy with (cheap, dishwasher safe, not ugly) to put in all the rooms.
The water is less than $6 if you're exchanging bottles. Home Despot is only 2 miles away, if that...
=)
Kk.
Hmmm....I will check that out! I have a guest suite with a kitchenette & it has a tiny cube fridge. That suite is perfect for longer stays except for the fridge. I could move my larger guest fridge from the main house over there & replace it with water dispenser/fridge arrangement. Thanks!

=)
Kk..
=)
Kk.
Hmmm....I will check that out! I have a guest suite with a kitchenette & it has a tiny cube fridge. That suite is perfect for longer stays except for the fridge. I could move my larger guest fridge from the main house over there & replace it with water dispenser/fridge arrangement. Thanks!
The fridges under the water dispensers are tiny... and no freezer. But they're perfect for leftovers and baby bottles!
=)
Kk.

=)
Kk..
=)
Kk.
The fridges under the water dispensers are tiny... and no freezer. But they're perfect for leftovers and baby bottles!
=)
Kk.
If the chiller is large enough for an assortment of Cokes, it might work out. I'll take a look at it and see if it will work for the area that I'm thinking of.

=)
Kk..
=)
Kk.
=)
Kk.
And lets not forget Beer bottles? Wine Bottles? Margarita pitchers (blender tops)?

If you are looking for something small, I would recommend a small fridge like those used for college dorms etc. real small ones run about $70 and the larger ones about $100 - $130..
I just found a pretty decent sized one, with freezer compartment, at WalMart for $85.00
Does the trick here

We use them in our suites. Get them at Sam's. We put in a bottle of wine and sodas and waters. There is enough room for small leftovers.
Riki

=)
Kk..
=)
Kk.
Look at Target for your pitchers. I bought some nice clear glass pitchers from Target. They are just the right size for rooms (1liter). They are heavy glass so they don't break easy. I also use some at breakfast for juice when we only have a couple guests. They go in the dishwasher nice too. And the were very inexpensive. I can't remember but I think I paid $1. for each one.

=)
Kk..
=)
Kk.
Look at Target for your pitchers. I bought some nice clear glass pitchers from Target. They are just the right size for rooms (1liter). They are heavy glass so they don't break easy. I also use some at breakfast for juice when we only have a couple guests. They go in the dishwasher nice too. And the were very inexpensive. I can't remember but I think I paid $1. for each one.
Thanks! Next time I make an out of town excursion I'll check it out. (Nearest Target is half an hour or so away.)
The price sounds great!
=)
Kk.

I have the larger dorm fridge in my upstairs suite. I stock with coke, pepsi and diet dew. Lots of room for leftovers or sandwich stuff. Small freezer, they can get ice from me and put in freezer or make their own.
The first floor suite can use the refrigerator.

=)
Kk..
=)
Kk.
=)
Kk.
And lets not forget Beer bottles? Wine Bottles? Margarita pitchers (blender tops)?
I need room for that stuff in my personal fridge.
teeth_smile.gif
We don't have a liquor license here, so I turn a blind eye to that stuff when the guests bring it in. Although, I have not seen any blenders & hope that I don't! But if a group books that girlfriends getaway package.................

I know know if you've already found yourself a fridge yet or not. I am a little late on this, but I was going to mention that with all the kids/colleges heading back, now might be the time to look...most of that stuff is on sale right now.

I just this week bought a new one. I got it at Sam's. I love it. It looks very up scale. It is not a wine fridge but a drink fridge. It has a clear door with silver around the door. People can see in and I like that. It was $174. I had a white one the same size before and I felt like is look too much like a dorm fridge for me. Just IMHP. This is not to say it is wrong for anyone eles :)
sandynn

I too am curious to hear the responses. My gut feel is that the market is so niche that no one producer feels enough competition to encourage them to give you more for less (computers, TVs,etc). I also suspect that many source from the same Chinese manufacturer but have never seen any documentation.

Back