Would truly appreciate your Input

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarieC

Reaction score
Hi everybody,
My name is Marie Casey and I'm a 22 year old student in Galway University in Ireland and I'm currently finishing my final year in a B.Sc in Computer Systems.
- As I'm an Irish Computer student, betcha ye're confused why I'm posting this, eh! :)
I'm currently doing my University Thesis on Technical Aspects on the Bed and Breakfast Industy and have been focusing on Ireland until this very week when I found this web forum. I was surprised to see such a fourm like this as Ive found nothing like this in the Irish market
I've done a bit of skulking I must admit
embaressed_smile.gif
and I've read pretty much every post, comment, joke made for the last 6 months and already have a list of thing to explore and have been amazed at the issues ye guys discuss and more importantly the clear support and friendship that exists, it truly seems like an online family has developed here
basically it's opened up an enire area for exploration in my thesis in a very limited time!
Basically my very general question is: Assuming you "do" use something like Webservations, Rezovation or SuperINN -
- What are the pro/con's of your booking management system right now ? compared to before?
- do you forsee any future needs that your booking system will need to provide ?
- if this forum did not exist, how would managing your system's be
Thanking ye very much for you'r help with this, I really appreciate it and of couse I fully understand the lack of replies I anticipate, from my experience I know INN kepers are very busy people which is why I thought posting on a forum would get more responses then the pointless counless emails I send and phonecalls I make, so truly thankyou for any time you give.
Go néirí on bothair leat (Irish phrase for good bye and goodluck) and thankyou
Marie.

Basically my very general question is: Assuming you "do" use something like Webservations, Rezovation or SuperINN -
- What are the pro/con's of your booking management system right now ? compared to before?
Before I started using Webervations, potential guests had to call to ask if I have availability and to book a room. Now, whatever time of day it is they can see if the room is open and book it - removing it from inventory NOW! Also, if I am "on the road" I can ask them to go online to remove the room from inventory since I now have the cc info they are confirmed. I am a dinosaur in that I do not want cc info online.
- do you forsee any future needs that your booking system will need to provide ?
I see how there could be refinements that would be helpful BUT to get them would increase my costs so I can (and do) live without. My B & B is very small - costs are VERY important.
Much more lonely. This Forum has established friendships and the opinions and suggestions and input of others has given insight on many planes - not just about innkeeping. Critique on photos, recipe suggestions, day-to-day things, a place to vent instead of killing my husband (and being told poor baby) - all have made life a lot better.

Before I started using Webervations, potential guests had to call to ask if I have availability and to book a room. Now, whatever time of day it is they can see if the room is open and book it - removing it from inventory NOW! Also, if I am "on the road" I can ask them to go online to remove the room from inventory since I now have the cc info they are confirmed. I am a dinosaur in that I do not want cc info online.
I see how there could be refinements that would be helpful BUT to get them would increase my costs so I can (and do) live without. My B & B is very small - costs are VERY important.
Much more lonely. This Forum has established friendships and the opinions and suggestions and input of others has given insight on many planes - not just about innkeeping. Critique on photos, recipe suggestions, day-to-day things, a place to vent instead of killing my husband (and being told poor baby) - all have made life a lot better..
Thanks gillumhouse, appreciate your help :)
Marie.

I use Webervations and can clearly say it has given me a lot of freedom, not having to be at home in front of my computer with the phone in hand. If I am out and receive an inquiry or reservation, 9 out of 10 of them have my website open in front of them or have viewed it recently. While I am content to help them to complete their reservation on the phone, they usually are just wanting to 'talk' before booking. I guess that is the con to the system. Many B&B goers like the personal touch and talking to the innkeeper before booking is part of that.
Funny you ask, as I have just had an experience that makes me wish for language selections for Webervations. I think most of our international guests read enough English or use a translator to work their way through our website to make sure it has what they want or need. But I have noticed that when percise information is needed when completing our on line booking form, some issues occur.
This forum is the best source of information there is! We do discuss many things as you have noticed but regarding your direct question, the forum provides its readers with so much more than the how to's with systems, its members provide their experience with them. The pros/cons to each (as they have experienced) system is disucssed so the reader can have a much better understanding on how they work before they purchase.
Best of luck to you with your thesis and your final year!

Thanks for your input Copperhead, and your well wishes :) much appreciated!

Back