Would you buy a google ad to sell your B&B

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendydk

Reaction score
Weird...
In checking my web stats for MIG, I notice that a "Michigan Bed and Breakfasts for Sale" page I recently deleted is still getting just tons of traffic (still has my tracking code, and still appears in search results of course). I did a google search myself on that term and was shocked to find a google ad at the top of the page for an individual B&B advertising itself for sale.
Now this is a popular and functioning B&B in a heavily searched and visited tourist town in SW Michigan. Clicking on the ad took me to a page of the Inn's website devoted to trying to sell it. It does not look like that link can be seen from any other page of the website, but still......
Would you consider doing such a thing?

No.
Although I tweet from time to time a for sale link to our B&B (which is against my best judgement, but who knows someone might see these tweets all the time from me and want to have all this fun for themselves! I HOPE THEY DO - you never know).
I am re-evaluating where my for sale stuff shows up currently. It is costly. Plus we have the realtor who does the MLS side. Which we might 86 after the year contract expires. Listing in how many places make it redundant? Are those who are seriously looking seeing all these website anyway? When we looked we looked at all online listings...like I see the same inns from when we looked still on the same websites for sale.
I can say - to off track your subject a wee bit, that there are a few for sale listings that are ridiculous in price, bedandbreakfast.com for sale section way too high, bedandbreakfastforsale.com (although has the most traffic) has a poor for sale listing and expensive.
We will retain the Bbonline for sale section listing and bnbfinder for sale section listing, and of course innshopper.com being my favorite!
I don't want the for sale stuff showing up with my normal B&B stuff, I am worried about that in a google ad.

Maybe they are feeling desperate and need to sell no matter what. Can you give me a hint as this is my area...maybe they need help!

Maybe they are feeling desperate and need to sell no matter what. Can you give me a hint as this is my area...maybe they need help!.
suellen222 said:
Maybe they are feeling desperate and need to sell no matter what. Can you give me a hint as this is my area...maybe they need help!
BM in Saug.

Real estate is normally such a local thing. But are B&B's sold to people who relocate normally? I am guessing that is the norm and not the exception so the web with the widest exposure possible is the way to go.

Real estate is normally such a local thing. But are B&B's sold to people who relocate normally? I am guessing that is the norm and not the exception so the web with the widest exposure possible is the way to go..
toddburme said:
Real estate is normally such a local thing. But are B&B's sold to people who relocate normally? I am guessing that is the norm and not the exception so the web with the widest exposure possible is the way to go.
You got it! Percentage wise MOST innkeepers relocate to another state or part of the country to where they were living. It is all part of our cool innkeeping persona. :)

Real estate is normally such a local thing. But are B&B's sold to people who relocate normally? I am guessing that is the norm and not the exception so the web with the widest exposure possible is the way to go..
toddburme said:
You got it! Percentage wise MOST innkeepers relocate to another state or part of the country to where they were living. It is all part of our cool innkeeping persona. :)
Anecdotally, I was aware of this but thanks for confirming it. This does make the marketing at the different things important.
I remember seeing people passing out flyers at those "buy real estate with no money" seminars. they were trying to sell an investment property to the new potential buyers. I wonder if we can advertise at the innkeeper seminars? Best thing would be to have them use your place as an example on what innkeeper math looks like etc. "Here is a typical B&B and how it works if you bought it today at the asking price." ;)

Back