Would you do this?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
I bought pens awhile back. These guys are really good at sending me other 'marketing' materials. Most of it I toss on the desk (pens) or hang on my keychain (flashlights) but I haven't bought anything else until today. They sent me a sample Christmas card that is so cute and it doubles as an ornament. Better still, it comes with a CD of Christmas-y tunes.
Now I'm seriously thinking of getting these. We have a couple of weekends before Christmas where we get a lot of repeat guests. I think this would be cute and the minumum order is 25 so not a break the bank kind of thing.
Would you like this, as a guest? Or is it 'one more thing cluttering up the house'? The CD has our info printed on it.
BTW, the pen with the built in flashlight has me stymied...leave it on the desk or hang it on my keychain. ;-)

This I think I would like. Another ornament to chuck into the Christmas tub will not be clutter for the house - Christmas IS clutter anyway - and another Christmasy CD would give variety.
Re the pen with light - mine was imprinted with Gillum House Bed & Break

Madeleine said:
I think this would be cute and the minumum order is 25 so not a break the bank kind of thing.
Do it! It's a nice thing to do, you want to do it, it doesn't cost too much, so do it!
Based on the response you get, you'll know whether to repeat it next year or not.

I think it sounds great. Can you show us a picture of it?.
Country Girl said:
I think it sounds great. Can you show us a picture of it?
This is the page from their site: http://www.pens.com/stationery/holiday-card-with-cd/dpe
There are all different cards. I like the snowman.

Hmmm. I have a CD of our Community Band Christmas Concert from a few years ago. I can make CDs of that with a label I create. If I buy some round CD cases...... I could put a Christmas label on that and glue a ribbon to make it an ornament. Thanks for the idea. Now to see if I actually do it!

I love the idea that the card becomes an ornament, and I like the snowman as well. The CD would go in the trash (sorry) and thus the imprint would be lost. I would prefer a card that becomes an ornament that retains the imprint on the ornament.

I love the idea that the card becomes an ornament, and I like the snowman as well. The CD would go in the trash (sorry) and thus the imprint would be lost. I would prefer a card that becomes an ornament that retains the imprint on the ornament..
SecondAct said:
I love the idea that the card becomes an ornament, and I like the snowman as well. The CD would go in the trash (sorry) and thus the imprint would be lost. I would prefer a card that becomes an ornament that retains the imprint on the ornament.
That's what I was thinking. Like the idea but wish the imprint was on the card itself.

Nice idea, but I wouldn't do it. As others have said, it would end up in the trash bin.
Oh, I clicked on the link you gave and now I've got the company's ads on my FB. Scary.

Nice idea, but I wouldn't do it. As others have said, it would end up in the trash bin.
Oh, I clicked on the link you gave and now I've got the company's ads on my FB. Scary..
Breakfast Nemo said:
Oh, I clicked on the link you gave and now I've got the company's ads on my FB. Scary.
Same here, but at least the pen ad pushed off some other ad I was getting tired of!

Oh, I clicked on the link you gave and now I've got the company's ads on my FB. Scary..
Breakfast Nemo said:
Same here, but at least the pen ad pushed off some other ad I was getting tired of!
Arkansawyer said:
Breakfast Nemo said:
Isn't that the truth.

Maddie, I think it is a nice touch for the holiday guests and the price is very reasonable for the card and CD.
I love Christmas cards! If the card was very nice I would keep it regardless of whether I put it on my tree or not. (this is very telling
embaressed_smile.gif
) But looking at it from a different perspective, even if people got it as a card, then tossed the card, they may hold onto the CD. We have stacks of those too,
embaressed_smile.gif
and have an assortment of Holiday music so in my house we would at least see this CD twice a year, once to add it to our currently used music choice and another when we remove it to store until next year.

Breakfast Nemo said:
Never, ever do any web searching or clicking or emailing while logged into FB. They will track you like the hounds of hell.

Breakfast Nemo said:
Ditto

I think it sounds great. Can you show us a picture of it?.
Country Girl said:
This is the page from their site: http://www.pens.com/stationery/holiday-card-with-cd/dpe
Madeleine said:
Country Girl said:
I think they're great.

Back