Would you say something?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on what we are talking about. I'm completely clueless.

Those are interesting responses. I did an innsitting job for someone recently and was asked by the regular innkeeper (not the owner) for feedback; I asked the owner myself when I sent her some of the photos I took during breakfast. Everybody wants the feedback but I haven't figured out how to put together the response because I suspect the owner won't like it so much. Like writing a TA response....

I think that is a wise move. I would love to not see comments about other inns (besides our own of course) on this forum if we can swing it. Makes sense to not share those things here. My personal thoughts on it.
I am still kind of bent out of shape over one that attracted a lot of comments re the shared bath and the innkeeper needing a good lashing on Trip Advisor. Then we see a post about innkeepers top reasons for being rude and unhospitable such as death of a partner.
It is good to not drag any inn or innkeeper through the dirt, whether we agree with them or not. Just my 2 cents worth. Thank you for removing the post.

I think that is a wise move. I would love to not see comments about other inns (besides our own of course) on this forum if we can swing it. Makes sense to not share those things here. My personal thoughts on it.
I am still kind of bent out of shape over one that attracted a lot of comments re the shared bath and the innkeeper needing a good lashing on Trip Advisor. Then we see a post about innkeepers top reasons for being rude and unhospitable such as death of a partner.
It is good to not drag any inn or innkeeper through the dirt, whether we agree with them or not. Just my 2 cents worth. Thank you for removing the post..
Joey Bloggs said:
It is good to not drag any inn or innkeeper through the dirt, whether we agree with them or not. Just my 2 cents worth. Thank you for removing the post.
So you all were answering about the public posting of the problems, or are you saying you don't want an innsitter to tell you if something needs attention? Shared privately and constructively, of course. I asked my innsitters for input (although I didn't always listen) and I asked my guests (the trusted ones) for input on my innsitters.

Those are interesting responses. I did an innsitting job for someone recently and was asked by the regular innkeeper (not the owner) for feedback; I asked the owner myself when I sent her some of the photos I took during breakfast. Everybody wants the feedback but I haven't figured out how to put together the response because I suspect the owner won't like it so much. Like writing a TA response.....
I've been zinged so many times when offering advice that I now wait to be asked.
Unless I know the person would be very embarrassed to find out later on that I knew and didn't say something.
An employee who was assigned to look after my interests and who didn't tell me about something important wouldn't be very trustworthy.
But, at the same time, I don't think I'd offer advice out of the blue. Guest comments or complaints, yes. My way of doing things vs theirs, no. Unless they really appeared clueless but trying to improve.
New innkeepers in town may not know the Po's did a lot of bridge burning, I'm not sharing. Unless asked.
As a guest? I weigh heavily in favor of the innkeeper but some people really shouldn't be doing this. Not just a single bad day but a way of life. Cheating the guest is a big deal. I don't think I've written a bad review on really small places. I've also never referred a single guest there, either.

It is good to not drag any inn or innkeeper through the dirt, whether we agree with them or not. Just my 2 cents worth. Thank you for removing the post..
Joey Bloggs said:
So you all were answering about the public posting of the problems, or are you saying you don't want an innsitter to tell you if something needs attention? Shared privately and constructively, of course. I asked my innsitters for input (although I didn't always listen) and I asked my guests (the trusted ones) for input on my innsitters.
muirford said:
Joey Bloggs said:
The posting was too specific and could have caused grief down the road. I would want an innsitter to tell me about problems with the inn but this posting was too public and the problems were such that I would NEVER say anything about - they would never have been acknowledged as problems and the messenger would have been "killed".

I have the best innsitter in the world! The guests loved her and I had peace of mind while I was away. It was wonderful..
Aussie Innkeeper said:
I have the best innsitter in the world! The guests loved her and I had peace of mind while I was away. It was wonderful.
yes that is important. I agree with your assessment. This thread kind of freaked me out.

Back