Wouldn't you ask this BEFORE planning your trip???

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had a call asking about curfews. Bless their hearts.
If you lock your guests out shame on you!.
I get this quite often myself...How many B&B's are still doing this??? Or is it the blasted articles/ stories that are written by people unfamiliar with TODAY's B&B's?

I get this quite often myself...How many B&B's are still doing this??? Or is it the blasted articles/ stories that are written by people unfamiliar with TODAY's B&B's?
copperhead said:
Or is it the blasted articles/ stories that are written by people unfamiliar with TODAY's B&B's?
I think that's it. I don't know a single B&B anywhere who has a curfew. Zero.

Our town is so much smaller than 7500 that seems like a pretty big town. The closest town nearby of any size is around 1200 people. All the sidewalks around here are rolled up pretty early.
And yet, do folks ask where they can get prime rib on a Tuesday night? Yes, they do. (and the correct answer is nowhere)
Do they ask for a call about a cab? Oh, yes, they do. It's hard to hold back the laughter but most of the time I do.
Why don't they plan better? That would make entirely too much sense, I'm afraid..
Yeah it's funny when the NOVA/DC crowds arrive here.....they wonder what is there to do after 10 PM....nothing!! Go to bed:) Actually now there is an actual bar that is open until 10 :)
We get the SanFran crowd. Most thoroughly love the quiet, the delightful food in small cafes, and just being in nature.
But every now and then, it's the pure idjot who really should have just stayed in the city.
What? How can cell phones not work here? Very easily. The entire community fights every effort to build a tower and we always will.
We're going to be in the Bay Area in Sept when my dh is there for a conference. Driving up to some of our old stomping grounds in the wine country and visiting friends in Sebastopol. I can't wait!
Cool. September is such a great time to visit wine country.
Yeah, we used to live in the Bay Area. After we moved to the East Coast, we traveled back every year for about 5 years to a harvest ball at one of our favorite wineries. It's been quite awhile since we've been there though. I think I'm going to try and drive down to the Monterey area to visit some of those wineries. We had a winemaker from one stay with us. I teased him about how no one would have thought to drink wine from the Monterey Coast when we lived there. lol! He had won an award for the best new winemaker when he was here with us. Dang! I miss those cool guests.......

That's what I said!! I think it's these crazy travel articles and some of the goofy stuff on TV!! Good grief....

Our town is so much smaller than 7500 that seems like a pretty big town. The closest town nearby of any size is around 1200 people. All the sidewalks around here are rolled up pretty early.
And yet, do folks ask where they can get prime rib on a Tuesday night? Yes, they do. (and the correct answer is nowhere)
Do they ask for a call about a cab? Oh, yes, they do. It's hard to hold back the laughter but most of the time I do.
Why don't they plan better? That would make entirely too much sense, I'm afraid..
Yeah it's funny when the NOVA/DC crowds arrive here.....they wonder what is there to do after 10 PM....nothing!! Go to bed:) Actually now there is an actual bar that is open until 10 :)
We get the SanFran crowd. Most thoroughly love the quiet, the delightful food in small cafes, and just being in nature.
But every now and then, it's the pure idjot who really should have just stayed in the city.
What? How can cell phones not work here? Very easily. The entire community fights every effort to build a tower and we always will.
We're going to be in the Bay Area in Sept when my dh is there for a conference. Driving up to some of our old stomping grounds in the wine country and visiting friends in Sebastopol. I can't wait!
Cool. September is such a great time to visit wine country.
Yeah, we used to live in the Bay Area. After we moved to the East Coast, we traveled back every year for about 5 years to a harvest ball at one of our favorite wineries. It's been quite awhile since we've been there though. I think I'm going to try and drive down to the Monterey area to visit some of those wineries. We had a winemaker from one stay with us. I teased him about how no one would have thought to drink wine from the Monterey Coast when we lived there. lol! He had won an award for the best new winemaker when he was here with us. Dang! I miss those cool guests.......
Yeah, there are a surprising number of good wineries now in the South Bay.
Of course, I'm still partial to Sonoma and Mendo wines myself. But it's always good to branch out a little.

Yea someone asked us that a couple weeks ago...we said no no curfew here..they seemed surprised?!

RUPES! THEY ASKED! THEY ASKED BEFORE THE TRIP!
A man calling to possibly book 5 rooms all touring this famous road on motorcycles near us and he said "I know this is a strange question, but is there some sort of public transport should we all have a few drinks?"
I didn't mean to laugh in his ear, dang it, I didn't. I said the worst of your worries is the big hill you have to climb back up from the sports bar.
wink_smile.gif
Good on him for asking though.

RUPES! THEY ASKED! THEY ASKED BEFORE THE TRIP!
A man calling to possibly book 5 rooms all touring this famous road on motorcycles near us and he said "I know this is a strange question, but is there some sort of public transport should we all have a few drinks?"
I didn't mean to laugh in his ear, dang it, I didn't. I said the worst of your worries is the big hill you have to climb back up from the sports bar.
wink_smile.gif
Good on him for asking though..
Oh that is TOO funny!!!! BTW, our peeps were heading to that famous road after here, in the rain of course!

Back