Wow..Chalk another one up for "the life of an innkeeper"

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baygirl

Reaction score
Had a business person stay one night recently. She was a late check in so we left her a note. She advised us that she wasn't able to have breakfast the next morning, but I did see her before she left in the AM and saw she had brought someone with her.
Each of our rooms has a comment book in and more times than not people do leave a nice note in the book.
The note in this book was written not by her, but her companion. Said along the lines that "he came up here for work and didn't get a chance to have the MYTHICAL BREAKFAST, but what he did have was "REALLY GREAT SEX" .. Don't worry nothing got on the sheets. I have a lot of work in the area and I'll be back."
The guy actually signed his name on the note. I obviously tore the note out of the book. I was so disgusted by his comments and thought it was definitely immature, especially from two middle aged professionals. So I decided to email the girl that the reservation was made under and said in the subject line- Your stay .. then in the body of the email just said, "Wow, seriously" Please see attachment, which was a picture of the note left in the room.
I never thought I'd hear from her again, but today I got an response from her saying "she did not know about the note and did not know who could have written it", although like I said he signed his name.
A half hour later who do I get an email from, but the guy who wrote the note. Wonder how he knew about it since she didn't know who could have written the note. He said he recently stayed with "the girl who said she didn't know him" It was a wonderful stay although they had to leave before the heralded breakfast. He said he wrote int eh journal in the room and that it was just a mere jest. I apologize for that. Suggested I tear the note out of the book. Also said he hoped they are welcomed back to stay when they're in the area, it was very nice. Again my apologies.
Needless to say I did not respond to either of their emails... After 110 days without a day off and 24 more to go before we do get one.. .My patience is running short... especially dealing with this kind of crap. I'm still amazed I heard from either of them.

How crass. Sounds like she was mortified and responded with whatever came into her head. Then told him and was angry
The thing about guest books is you always have to check to see what people have written just in case. But it doesn't look nice in your guest book to have missing pages ... my feeling as a guest might be I wonder what that previous guest wrote about the place that the innkeeper didn't want me to see so he/she tore out the page.
Sorry!

I no longer have guest books because we had a guest's girlfriend write that they enjoyed their stay, especially the late night visit by my husband for a threesome. She said he was great but not as good as her Italian stud. She too signed her name. People are rude and there's no telling what they'll write just like on TA, and I have no inclination to be checking books constantly for these few weirdos. Sorry you too had to deal with this. Sad we have to deal with these idiots.

I guess I better start reading the books again. Most of mine are spiral bound so I can take pages out. I've had guests rip pages out for scrap paper and it does look odd.
I do have some original artwork in some of them. Keep meaning to frame those.

Back