WOW! We made it into the top 10! Anyone else?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine

Reaction score
regular_smile.gif
Our little town made it into the top 10 of this group coming in at #9 (Boonville)! And my old stomping grounds at #6 (Pt. Townsend). Any of you on this list!
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/travel/best-small-towns-2015-180954993/#YDEXJyWHPY9VdWBd.01

Been to a few (like Homer). Almost moved to one of them. Never heard of 75% of them!
There are a few places putting out these rankings. I know Money Magazine does.
Was your town on the list previously?

I am just happy to be in Almost Heaven - where a phone call to Heaven is just 50 cents (did you know that?). We really do not want all them thar ferrinners plunking down here. Visiting and leaving that lovely green stuff behind works. We are friendly and welcoming and if you run out of gas or your car breaks down on one of our Interstates, do not fret. A Courtesy Patrol truck will be along directly to help, a State service not private for $$$.
We like having Rush Hour last 5 minutes to an actual hour (in the big cities - which BTW are ALL less than 60,000 pop. and many of the 10 BIG Cities in the State are under 20,000). We do not have smog or clog.
Congrats, Sunshine to having your current town on the list - a FEATURE ITEM on your for sale info as well as the area you hope to return to.

Sunshine said:
regular_smile.gif
Our little town made it into the top 10 of this group coming in at #9 (Boonville)! And my old stomping grounds at #6 (Pt. Townsend). Any of you on this list!
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/travel/best-small-towns-2015-180954993/#YDEXJyWHPY9VdWBd.01
We did too. Traverse City - No. 4.
IrisoftheWayfarer said:
Sunshine said:
regular_smile.gif
We did too. Traverse City - No. 4
thumbs_up.gif

Been to a few (like Homer). Almost moved to one of them. Never heard of 75% of them!
Was your town on the list previously?.
undersea said:
Was your town on the list previously?
I don't think so

thumbs_up.gif
Nice!
No, not even the locals know where our town is. LOL
But our big city near us is on top lists in every mag. everywhere. We are happy to pick up the travelers that like to stay in the quiet zones.

Iris - I had forgotten you were in Traverse City. LOVED it when I went there as a kid. On my bucket list to return with my DH someday.

We're hoping our town will grow enough in the next few years to be be classified as a small town.
wink_smile.gif

Back