WP blog question

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
I have been adding posts to my WP website for a few weeks now, gearing up to do more posting on the website than on Blogger. What I am finding, tho, is that those posts load so slowly I get bored waiting for them.
Any ideas on how to speed up the load time? Even posts that are only text, no photos, take forever (10 seconds). Much slower than photo-dense web pages.

You might want to take a look at the results of https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url= your inn site
There are several suggestions for things to fix. Of course, to get at the blog entries specifically, you should also enter those pages.

Did you install a caching plugin for your site? Have you compressed your images before unloading? You are loading a google calendar and that takes time as well. See how much stuff extra is loading from other sites in your widgets.
They all loaded just fine for me. very little lag. Maybe it's your ISP. There should be no reason why a little blog post would take long to load.
Have you done your theme update?

Did you install a caching plugin for your site? Have you compressed your images before unloading? You are loading a google calendar and that takes time as well. See how much stuff extra is loading from other sites in your widgets.
They all loaded just fine for me. very little lag. Maybe it's your ISP. There should be no reason why a little blog post would take long to load.
Have you done your theme update?.
Ok, might be the calendar. I haven't run the check Scott suggested yet.
Haven't done the theme update that just came out.
I do have the caching plugin.
It may be my ISP. It's very slow. But where I see it the most is whenever I access WP to do any work on the site. And, the blog posts.
I'm glad you don't see any lag time.

Have you done your theme update?.
Ok, might be the calendar. I haven't run the check Scott suggested yet.
Haven't done the theme update that just came out.
I do have the caching plugin.
It may be my ISP. It's very slow. But where I see it the most is whenever I access WP to do any work on the site. And, the blog posts.
I'm glad you don't see any lag time.
I will contact Leith. As I am having slowness issues when editing as well. I know they have been working on servers.

Back