WP Blogging Question

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breakfast Diva

Reaction score
I've just recently gone to a wp site where the blog is part of the site. Previously I used a google blogger site where I could write blog posts and schedule to have them post in the future. I'm not seeing this capability with the wp site. Is there some plug in or other alternative to have posts post automatically?

Where it says Publish there is a way to schedule. I need to start blogging again. Have an awesome case of inertia.

Where it says Publish there is a way to schedule. I need to start blogging again. Have an awesome case of inertia..
gillumhouse said:
Where it says Publish there is a way to schedule. I need to start blogging again. Have an awesome case of inertia.
THANK YOU! I had never poked around on those links before! I've only done draft or publish.

You create a page and call it blog or whatever you want to name it in WP. Then to post to the blog, just click on POST in the dashboard and New. Be sure to designate the blog page in your settings under DASHBOARD/Settings / READING.

I need to do this as well, but am still banking on the google will rule the world thing. But you can import prev posts from blogger to WP.

I need to do this as well, but am still banking on the google will rule the world thing. But you can import prev posts from blogger to WP..
On those sites which have used blogger in the past, I just put a link to the blogger one and call it blog archives

I need to do this as well, but am still banking on the google will rule the world thing. But you can import prev posts from blogger to WP..
On those sites which have used blogger in the past, I just put a link to the blogger one and call it blog archives
EmptyNest said:
I'm still using blogger for the big posts with lots of photos. Then a link to that from the WP blog. Just using the WP blog for super short, not a lot of photos, kinds of blogs.

EmptyNest said:
I'm still using blogger for the big posts with lots of photos. Then a link to that from the WP blog. Just using the WP blog for super short, not a lot of photos, kinds of blogs.
Morticia said:
EmptyNest said:
What's the rational for using blogger for the bigger pics, longer articles vs. wp? We've got the link to 'blog archinves' as EN described. I was thinking that I could go back and update those blogger posts that weren't so popular but should be and redo them on wp. Acorn wanted me to embed all the blooger posts to the wp site...not sure how to do that but I would do it if I thought it was really worth it.

EmptyNest said:
Morticia said:
EmptyNest said:
What's the rational for using blogger for the bigger pics, longer articles vs. wp? We've got the link to 'blog archinves' as EN described. I was thinking that I could go back and update those blogger posts that weren't so popular but should be and redo them on wp. Acorn wanted me to embed all the blooger posts to the wp site...not sure how to do that but I would do it if I thought it was really worth it.
Breakfast Diva said:
Morticia said:
EmptyNest said:
Density of photos. I often bump up against my limit for disk space with my website. I want the photos to be huge but I have to make them 'document' size and that's a pain. On blogger I'm nowhere near using up my capacity.
However, yes, it's best to have your info where you control it. That's on your own site. Blogger could shut down tomorrow and I'd be lost. (Altho, I have been sending my blog posts to myself for a couple of years so they could be recreated.)
Don't copy and paste from blogger to your site. You end up with duplicate content, word for word, and Google doesn't know which is valid and which is copied so you lose credit for new content.

EmptyNest said:
Morticia said:
EmptyNest said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Morticia said:
EmptyNest said:
Density of photos. I often bump up against my limit for disk space with my website. I want the photos to be huge but I have to make them 'document' size and that's a pain. On blogger I'm nowhere near using up my capacity.
However, yes, it's best to have your info where you control it. That's on your own site. Blogger could shut down tomorrow and I'd be lost. (Altho, I have been sending my blog posts to myself for a couple of years so they could be recreated.)
Don't copy and paste from blogger to your site. You end up with duplicate content, word for word, and Google doesn't know which is valid and which is copied so you lose credit for new content.
Thanks. I'm going to have to figure out how I can see what my capacity is.

EmptyNest said:
Morticia said:
EmptyNest said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Morticia said:
EmptyNest said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Depending on your website host, you may have a cPanel you can log into. You can find your stats there.

Oh, and whatever you do, don't do it to your live website.
Make sure you back it up before going in under the hood.

EmptyNest said:
Morticia said:
EmptyNest said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Morticia said:
EmptyNest said:
LOL...you can always pay for more space and be sure to use the image optimizer once you upload already compressed photos.

EmptyNest said:
Morticia said:
EmptyNest said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Morticia said:
EmptyNest said:
LOL...you can always pay for more space and be sure to use the image optimizer once you upload already compressed photos.
EmptyNest said:
I already upgraded. I can't seem to figure out where all the space is being used, tho. I'm not adding photos but I still use up quite a lot of my data.
It may be my mail. I'll have to download all of it. I hope all the old, deleted stuff isn't being saved for some reason. But that's another day, not on the weekend!
Doesn't the image optimizer work on its own? Do I have to do something?

EmptyNest said:
Morticia said:
EmptyNest said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Morticia said:
EmptyNest said:
EmptyNest said:
I already upgraded. I can't seem to figure out where all the space is being used, tho. I'm not adding photos but I still use up quite a lot of my data.
It may be my mail. I'll have to download all of it. I hope all the old, deleted stuff isn't being saved for some reason. But that's another day, not on the weekend!
NOpe..it doesn't do it automatically. Right now you have 433.05 MB / 1,000 MB. But... I also see you have two different theme folders. that takes up a huge amount of space. Go into your cpanel/ file manager and take alook.

EmptyNest said:
Morticia said:
EmptyNest said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Morticia said:
EmptyNest said:
EmptyNest said:
NOpe..it doesn't do it automatically. Right now you have 433.05 MB / 1,000 MB. But... I also see you have two different theme folders. that takes up a huge amount of space. Go into your cpanel/ file manager and take alook.
So what am I supposed to do to use the photo plug in? I don't know how it works!

EmptyNest said:
Morticia said:
EmptyNest said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Morticia said:
EmptyNest said:
EmptyNest said:
So what am I supposed to do to use the photo plug in? I don't know how it works!
1. Remove the old Striking THEME. That takes up lots of space. Keep the responsive / active them...striking_r and the base theme 2015
2. Click on Media and then choose unoptimized and the click optimize un optimized images. easy!
if you want an automatic one. Uninstall eew image optimizer and install WP Smush it.

Back