Wrinkled sheets...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dee C.

Reaction score
Im a new owner of a B&B and was hoping to get some answers to a couple of questions...
Does anyone have any recommendations to get wrinkes out of the sheets after washing?? Any good brands/tricks of the trade??
Also, how often whould we chnage the sheets in a guest room for multi-night guests?..We have someone booked for 5 nights..
Thank you so much!! Im excited, but a nervous wreck!! ;o)

Welcome Dee!!!!
I change sheets after the 3rd night. But you can ask them and they might say "Oh don't even bother!"
Iron or mangle for unwrinkling sheets or buy new sheets with less wrinkle-a-bility. I dry one set at a time to decrease wrinkles, it is a royal pain, but saves ironing them. I still iron pillowcases as I like them pressed and sharp with certain creases.

I agree with Jo. We change sheets after the third night, or two nights into a four night stay.

We offer halfway through their stay and hope they say don't bother.
I have a "damp" setting on my dryer... when the alert goes off (or a little while after) I start taking out pillow cases and laying them flat, then folding the sheets. There's a perfect place where they're not that damp but not quite dry that really minimizes the wrinkling. Unfortunately, sometimes the alarm goes off and I'm nowhere near the dryer, in which case I'm stuck ironing. Sometimes I only iron the pillowcases and the top 6-10 inches of the sheets... it kind of depends on the sheet and how wrinkled they are and whether or not I think they'll smooth out with folding.
And of course, my favorite sheet sets are the ones that don't really need ironing...
:welcome:
=)
Kk.

We change after 3 nights.
welcome.gif
Welcome to the Forum Dee! You've come to the right place to get your questions answered. You may get more answers than you were hoping for! hahahaha

welcome.
welcome.gif

four nite stay, i'd change the morning of the third nite. five nite stay, same thing. every third day for multi nite stay. but i also check the pillow cases every morning of a multi-nite. just changing out the pillow cases for crisp clean ones and remaking the bed nice and tight makes a big difference.
i used a laundry service so i can't say how to get the sheets not wrinkled. the ones i laundered myself were always a little wrinkly.
confused_smile.gif

I may be wrong, but it seems that the higher thread count sheets wrinkle more.

We change after 3 nights.
welcome.gif
Welcome to the Forum Dee! You've come to the right place to get your questions answered. You may get more answers than you were hoping for! hahahaha.
Thanks so much for the info. I know I 'll have more questions and it is so good to know you're there!!!!

I may be wrong, but it seems that the higher thread count sheets wrinkle more..
Little Blue said:
I'm using the 1000 count sheet and yes they do wrinkle more. I have noticed that the more they are washed and dried the less wrinkly they get. The care instructions say the more they are laundered the softer they will get as well.

I change every 3 days and I do Iron flat sheets and pillow cases only.
I cheat though, I only Iron the fancy lace trim at the top or anything that will show on a fold down. The rest of the sheet I let be. I leave fitted sheet alone too since most of that pulls out when you put it on the mattress.

I may be wrong, but it seems that the higher thread count sheets wrinkle more..
Little Blue said:
I'm using the 1000 count sheet and yes they do wrinkle more. I have noticed that the more they are washed and dried the less wrinkly they get. The care instructions say the more they are laundered the softer they will get as well.
I hope that will be the case with my new 800 thread count sheets. They are far more satiny than I like, but the set that has been washed twice seemed softer somehow, and it may have been wishful thinking that they came out less wrinkled, but I hope so.

We use wrinkle free sheets. We usually buy them on sale at the mall stores. That way if the sheets are not so wrinkle free we can take them back.
As said above, dry one set at a time and get them out of the dryer as soon as they are dry.

Welcome, Dee. I do not "fluff". I tell my guests that as far as I am concerned the room is hteir home while they are here. (Also I do not get the guests who leave wet towels on the beds etc thank goodness) I then ask them if they need maid service. At breakfast the 3rd morning I tell them I will changing their shhets today - mercifully, only 3 times in 13 years has a guest said OK. Most have said don't bother. We change the sheets once a week at home. I like those guests!!

A hot iron with lots of steam!
Also here we change after the third night of a multi night stay or after 2nd night for 4 night stay.
Welcome to the forum!

I use Chris Madden no wrinkle sheeet form Penneys. I have used them about a year and they are great. I would say 90% of my guests ask where I got them they love them. They are so soft and are heaven to climb into. I dry only one set at a time and take them out and hang then on a hanger. I iron the pillow cases just to give them a crease so it looks like I took extra care for them. I always tell guests to never pay full price for them. They go on sale all the time for half off and then find a coupon too.

I use Chris Madden no wrinkle sheeet form Penneys. I have used them about a year and they are great. I would say 90% of my guests ask where I got them they love them. They are so soft and are heaven to climb into. I dry only one set at a time and take them out and hang then on a hanger. I iron the pillow cases just to give them a crease so it looks like I took extra care for them. I always tell guests to never pay full price for them. They go on sale all the time for half off and then find a coupon too..
Thanks Sandy. JC Penney will be my first stop!

I use Chris Madden no wrinkle sheeet form Penneys. I have used them about a year and they are great. I would say 90% of my guests ask where I got them they love them. They are so soft and are heaven to climb into. I dry only one set at a time and take them out and hang then on a hanger. I iron the pillow cases just to give them a crease so it looks like I took extra care for them. I always tell guests to never pay full price for them. They go on sale all the time for half off and then find a coupon too..
Head there now...or go on line..they are having a sale now.:)

I just went online and the reviews were awful. The company did post a statement saying the problems were corrected but as of 9/09 some customers were still dissatisfied. I may buy one set and see. Has anyone else had problems with this brand?

I just went online and the reviews were awful. The company did post a statement saying the problems were corrected but as of 9/09 some customers were still dissatisfied. I may buy one set and see. Has anyone else had problems with this brand?
I went on line and saw the reviews and I was surprised. I have not had a problem and I have had them about a year now.

Back