Wrong website linked on Cape May Chamber site

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skamokawa

Reaction score
Oops. It happens. While checking our stats, I noticed we had quite a few hits from Cape May, NJ. Further checking it seems their chamber site has a link to o u r website (a B&B of the same name, but clear across the country). I've just emailed the B&B in question alerting them, and letting them know the information did not come from us. Someone must have been in a hurry when constructing the site.
I did get a 'booking' from them once. The lady phoned before check in at our place saying she had a reservation in her hand (ours), and when trying to tell them, and show them her confirmed booking, realized that she had made her booking reservation on the wrong web site. The situation made me laugh and I did let her off the hook. I could see myself doing the same thing if in a state of hurry.
If we ever get to Cape May, we'll have to visit our 'sister' B&B!
edited to say the error was fixed in less than 24 hours, on a weekend no less.

Being mistaken for another B&B has its advantages. A couple of years ago, at Christmas time, we received a mysterious package addressed to the "Staff of XXX". We opened it and it was a box of very expensive chocolates. There was no card or return address and no indication of the sender anywhere on the package.
There was a 1-800 number on the shipping label, so I called it to see if we could track down its origins. They were able to backtrack using the shipping number and determined it was from a legal firm in Phoenix, Arizona. ??????
Then it dawned on me that there is an Inn in Sedona that shares our name and that the chocolates were probably meant for them. So, we did what any good christian soul would do..........we ate them as fast as we could.
We were disappointed that we didn't get anything the following Christmas.
cry_smile.gif

Being mistaken for another B&B has its advantages. A couple of years ago, at Christmas time, we received a mysterious package addressed to the "Staff of XXX". We opened it and it was a box of very expensive chocolates. There was no card or return address and no indication of the sender anywhere on the package.
There was a 1-800 number on the shipping label, so I called it to see if we could track down its origins. They were able to backtrack using the shipping number and determined it was from a legal firm in Phoenix, Arizona. ??????
Then it dawned on me that there is an Inn in Sedona that shares our name and that the chocolates were probably meant for them. So, we did what any good christian soul would do..........we ate them as fast as we could.
cry_smile.gif
We have a local B&B with the same name as an apparently really bad restaurant in another state. The B&B had tons of bad reviews about the meals at the restaurant. No idea how they straightened that out.

cry_smile.gif
We have a local B&B with the same name as an apparently really bad restaurant in another state. The B&B had tons of bad reviews about the meals at the restaurant. No idea how they straightened that out.
What a nightmare!

Back