WV Living gave me the link

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Reaction score
My city manager scanned the magazine article - all the text did not come in - but the layout is there. I would like to post it if someone would tell me how to do it.
They gave me the link today. This was in the Spring 2012 issue of WV Living a really nice, slick magaine that comes out quarterly. Enjoy!
[FONT= &quot]http://www.wvliving.com/Spring-2012/Travel-to-Shinnston/[/FONT]

It needs to be uploaded to a website. Then you can link to it. To upload it, you'd have to know the website's FTP username and password. It's probably a job for the city's "webmaster" to post. Then if he/she can give you the URL of the PDF, you can link to it.
wxyz

You can use a service like Scribd.com to upload the PDF file, and then you can embed it on a website. It's quite handy so people can read the file without having to download it, which is good if the PDF is a large file.
This is all free to do, as well.
If you don't have a server to upload it to, email me and I can host the file on my server if you like. [email protected]

Post it where?
On Innspiring: you can post it only on an initial forum post (not a comment). When you are making the original post, click on the collapsed segment that says "File attachments" then upload the pdf file the entry will be linked automatically to your post.
On your blog: use the same file upload utility you use to enter your photos for a blog entry.
On your website: use your FTP connection if you have one, if not, contact your web person

??? You want to rescan it so you have the file? Or you want to post the pdf so we can see the problem??? Not sure what you mean here.

Post it where?
On Innspiring: you can post it only on an initial forum post (not a comment). When you are making the original post, click on the collapsed segment that says "File attachments" then upload the pdf file the entry will be linked automatically to your post.
On your blog: use the same file upload utility you use to enter your photos for a blog entry.
On your website: use your FTP connection if you have one, if not, contact your web person.
I want to post it here. I am going to rescan it to see if I can get the text in. Then I will come back and insert into this post as you said. IF the text scans properly I will ask my web person for help in posting it - after it hits the news stands.
Thanks for all the help - all of you.

Post it where?
On your website: use your FTP connection if you have one, if not, contact your web person.
I want to post it here. I am going to rescan it to see if I can get the text in. Then I will come back and insert into this post as you said. IF the text scans properly I will ask my web person for help in posting it - after it hits the news stands.
gillumhouse said:
Before you do all of that K, can you see if they have an online version to share? I am pretty sure you can't just copy magazines and post them online as such. Copyrighted material.

Post it where?
gillumhouse said:
Before you do all of that K, can you see if they have an online version to share? I am pretty sure you can't just copy magazines and post them online as such. Copyrighted material.
THANK YOU!!!!! (not shouting - gratitude) Had not thought of that as my original thought was to just show youze guys. I will look to see if they have it online after it hits the stands.

Gave you the link AND a link! See that is good to know (online version). Hey and a photo of the inn!
cheers.gif

Gave you the link AND a link! See that is good to know (online version). Hey and a photo of the inn!
cheers.gif
It is a wonderful article. Gotta get back to the Libbery - evening knitting class is about to start and I have a new one tonight.

Back