YAY! They did come back and paid!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine

Reaction score
The guest who both cards were denied, came back today and gave me a check for the room rate and and extra $15!

That is wonderful, so glad it worked out. There is hope for the human race after all.

cheers.gif

yay! deposit it right away ... because finances are likely very tight for them ... first cleared will get the funds. just guessing.

Congrats. I would have trusted also.
Years ago when Jimmy's was the "family" (AJ's) business they did niot take plastic. We sent a young couple thre who went to pay with plastic and found it to be a no go and they did not have enough cash between them to pay the bill. They still had the look of amazement on their faces when they returned to the B & B - after a stop at the ATM and return to Jimmy's - that he had told them "that's OK, come back and pay me tomorrow." I can tell the story now because Jimmy's does take plastic.

Thats wonderful...and im glad that there are decent people in the world.
teeth_smile.gif

We had guests who were walking out the door the other day with a menu from a restaurant in another town. I asked where they got it because I love having the 'good' menus in the plastic sleeves fo guests to look at. They said they were bringing it back because they borrowed it and told the waitress they would bring it back the next day. So, they were driving 6 miles back to the restaurant to give back the menu.
There are good people and trusting people all over.

Oh thanks for sharing this PTL!!!! There are still some trusting and honest people in the world. Your faith has been rewarded :)

Years ago when Jimmy's was the "family" (AJ's) business they did niot take plastic. We sent a young couple thre who went to pay with plastic and found it to be a no go and they did not have enough cash between them to pay the bill. They still had the look of amazement on their faces when they returned to the B & B - after a stop at the ATM and return to Jimmy's - that he had told them "that's OK, come back and pay me tomorrow." I can tell the story now because Jimmy's does take plastic..
gillumhouse said:
Years ago when Jimmy's was the "family" (AJ's) business they did niot take plastic. We sent a young couple thre who went to pay with plastic and found it to be a no go and they did not have enough cash between them to pay the bill. They still had the look of amazement on their faces when they returned to the B & B - after a stop at the ATM and return to Jimmy's - that he had told them "that's OK, come back and pay me tomorrow." I can tell the story now because Jimmy's does take plastic.
Isn't it a shame that this can not be an every day occurrence. - TRUST, that is. We still have a Auto/mower fix it place that does that - One of our kids' cars blew a tire while DH and I were out of town. They fixed him right up. I called to give them my CC and they said, just come in when you get back. Small town charm is still alive in some places. Up until a few years ago, they kept their own 'credit' system on index cards. People would come in each month and pay down their account - no interest other than happy repeat customers!

Back