Yeah Fall Cleaning!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only way to avoid streaks is to use a squeegee. Like so. I've been using the same one for over 10 years and it is just getting worn out now.

The only way to avoid streaks is to use a squeegee. Like so. I've been using the same one for over 10 years and it is just getting worn out now..
Don Draper said:
The only way to avoid streaks is to use a squeegee.
Too true, Don. I have used a little squeegee for years...inside and outside. I even brought it with my when I left the Inn!

I'm going to tackle my Fall cleaning this weekend. We've got a big cold front coming on Thursday or Friday, and I will finally be able to shut off the AC and open all the windows/doors. Temps only in the low 70s this weekend. Can't wait!!!! I like to do that kind of deep cleaning when I have a fresh breeze blowing through.

I am soooo proud of me! I spent Sunday doing my semi-annual clear the crap room (also known to DH as storage room) - where cleaning supplies, linens, and anything else one has no clue where to put it resides.
First I had to clear a path to the shelves and then clear the shelves because this was the day to remove the A/C units for the winter. Seeing as how Monday is garbage day.... I actually had a huge pile at the curb this morning! I can actually walk into the room now. Still more to do, but one cannot be foolish and overdo......

I am soooo proud of me! I spent Sunday doing my semi-annual clear the crap room (also known to DH as storage room) - where cleaning supplies, linens, and anything else one has no clue where to put it resides.
First I had to clear a path to the shelves and then clear the shelves because this was the day to remove the A/C units for the winter. Seeing as how Monday is garbage day.... I actually had a huge pile at the curb this morning! I can actually walk into the room now. Still more to do, but one cannot be foolish and overdo.......
thumbs_up.gif

First I had to clear a path to the shelves and then clear the shelves because this was the day to remove the A/C units for the winter. Seeing as how Monday is garbage day.... I actually had a huge pile at the curb this morning! I can actually walk into the room now. Still more to do, but one cannot be foolish and overdo.......
thumbs_up.gif

This time I was able to clear enough shelf space to put all 3 A/C units on shelves instead of the usual one on the floor to trip over. Next project is to get to Mom's sewing machine to bring it downstairs. I jammed mine and until I can find a repairman in the area, need hers - BURIED! I did glimpse the cabinet Sunday.......

Since we had to have the entire lower half of one side of our house painted after repairs to the siding because of the tree that fell on it, we had to have the painter wash the house first. What a difference that Jomax mildicide house cleaner does here! It looks like all the white trim has been repainted on this house. :) All the broken storm windows, ruined screens, broken double hung windows, and damaged fascia board have been replaced now too.
The down side is that there is some streaking on the storm windows from washing the house. I have not had time to do it yet, but the window wash that you put on the end of a house works well for me and reaches up to our second story.
Next step in the repairs to the house is two different sections of roof and replacing a gutter. :-( Then, there is the fence. I'll attack all the yard and garden damage in the Spring....

Back