yeah.... what lovely reviews.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine

Reaction score
I hope its ok to share my excitement!
I just read these really wonderful reviews and am so blessed! These were written on a local forum by guests who were here last weekend with their wives. I copied and pasted their comments below. I'm sure you all have gotten these kinds of comments too, but please bear with me, and remember I am new to the B&B scene. This kind of encouragement tells us we are doing something right!
[tr]
Subject: High Street Victorian B&B (Boonville)
[/td]
[/td][/tr][tr]
[/td][/tr][tr][COLOR= darkgreen][/COLOR]
[/td][/tr][tr]Wow, wow, wow! I expected it to be nice, but my expectations were blown away. For less than I recently spent to stay at a Holiday Inn Express, I got quadruple the fun! Everything was just fantastic. The constant service made us feel, well, special. What sweet people!!! The food was top notch, right down to the coffee in the elegant silver and glass carafe, and well... I don't want to spoil any surprises for anyone, but everything was just wonderful. I certainly plan to return. Thanks guys!
- posted 8/5/2008 5:06:48 PM

[/td][/tr][/table]
I'm not sure I've words enough to truly explain how wonderful our experience at Gene and Kriss's High Street Victorian B & B was. From a beautiful restored home to incredible homemade brownies, breakfast, and cinnamon rolls, not a detail was overlooked. Gene and Kriss are wonderful people, and they certainly understand perfectly how to create an experience for those getting the chance to stay with them.
I've stayed at many locations along the trail, and the High Street Victorian is certainly among the finest I've encountered.

- posted 8/3/2008 5:04:02 PM

Hi Highstreet, it is ok and great to share your excitement. One suggestion though, you may want to edit your post and anonymize the guest's name and location so that when he is bored at work and google's his name he doesn't find his review here, in a spot where he didn't post it.

thanks.
regular_smile.gif

Hi Highstreet, it is ok and great to share your excitement. One suggestion though, you may want to edit your post and anonymize the guest's name and location so that when he is bored at work and google's his name he doesn't find his review here, in a spot where he didn't post it..
oops. thanks.

Very nice. When you recieve compliments like these you know you are in the right business.

That is so great! good for you.
I never heard of trip advisor, but guests have posted on there, and when I read the comments, I get goosebumps.
Just makes you feel like "wow" -- we can make these people feel special, give them a break from their children, feed them a delicious breakfast, give them a relaxing, quiet night.
It's a really nice feeling to have these couples thank us for the wonderful time they had.

After 12 full years I still get excited about a great review. Congratulations. I hope you never ever lose that excited feeling!

YAY!!! Good for you!!!
I'm still pretty new, and I get very, very excited when I get another review. Everyone here has been very patient with me as I share my stories, but the truth is, we all LOVE success stories! YAY for you!!!
You need to charge more! Consider raising your rates!
=)
Kk.

YAY!!! Good for you!!!
I'm still pretty new, and I get very, very excited when I get another review. Everyone here has been very patient with me as I share my stories, but the truth is, we all LOVE success stories! YAY for you!!!
=)
Kk..
I have only been opened for about 3 months and I'm not getting bookings like you all sound like you are. But maybe with all the new publicity that is coming up perhaps things will pick up. I think my rates are pretty competative with the local folks here. When I get 'famous'
wink_smile.gif
I'll raise my rates. But thanks for the encouragement!

Congratulations!!!1
I know it feels great to get such good reviews, makes you feel very special knowing that you made someone very happy.....

YAY!!! Good for you!!!
=)
Kk..
I have only been opened for about 3 months and I'm not getting bookings like you all sound like you are. But maybe with all the new publicity that is coming up perhaps things will pick up. I think my rates are pretty competative with the local folks here. When I get 'famous'
wink_smile.gif
We had great bookings for a newly opened place & now things are really dead. July turned out not to be too bad after all but we have nothing on the books for a couple of months. I have signed up for one of the B&B directories so far & am signing up for 2 more. The C&VB hasn't added me to their web site yet but I have had them here for a tour & they have my rack cards. There are some other well established B&Bs here.
It takes time if you're the new kid on the block :)

YAY!!! Good for you!!!
=)
Kk..
wink_smile.gif
high street victorian said:
wink_smile.gif
As long as your rates are not lower than the comp. Lower rates don't necessarily mean more bookings. OTOH, if you are offering a much better experience, then brand yourself that way from the start. Be the 'premier' B&B in your town! (Personally, I don't want to work that hard, but it seems you already are right up there!)

YAY!!! Good for you!!!
=)
Kk..
wink_smile.gif
I think my rates are pretty competative with the local folks here. When I get 'famous'
wink_smile.gif
I'll raise my rates.

My business has gotten better since I raised my rates. If your rates are too low, and for that look what the others offer compared to what you offer, people will wonder what is wrong with your place - expecially if you do nicer and/or more than the others. Regardless, raise rates a little every year or two to keep up with your costs that will be going up a bit every year also.
A raise in rates can even be done now by posting the wannabee rate on your web site like this:
rate: $175 plus tax (Until Nov 1 - Introductory rate $150)
This gives you a way to do a come-on without it being a discount. I sort of tested the waters this way with a package I offered early on. I kept getting asked if this was for the package or per person - so I answered per package but this is an introductory rate. I had introductory rates until I found the level the per question was no longer asked.

YAY!!! Good for you!!!
=)
Kk..
wink_smile.gif
high street victorian said:
wink_smile.gif
#1 Get on the directories.
BBONLINE.COM
BedandBreakfast.com
BnBFinder.com
Iloveinns.com
You have to spend money to make money. You will not get the bookings if your name is not OUT THERE - ALL OVER OUT THERE. Then of course #2 which you already know I am about to type - PHOTOS! PHOTOS PHOTOS! Grounds photos, common area photos, room photos - not small ,large as large as possible.
I have been a B&B for 16 years and don't get the bookings many on here do - location location location.
Rates are not to be competetive with a hotel/motel. You provide SO MUCH MORE! Yopu might want to start a new thread on this. If they are too low, people assume there is something wrong.
Lastly, if you build it they won't come. There is much much more to it than that and you have come to the right place for all of this info!! More valuable than gold!
heart.gif

Back