Yeah!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of booking, how does all your month of December look like? We don't have anything much booked at all and DH is worried. But I keep telling him we are getting people trying to book a week or days out now so manybe it will be the last minute bookers again. Or the gift certificates will pull us through. We like them as the wine tour makes them use it for some reason.
Riki

Todd, DH asks, "When are the next guests?" I tell him whatever the next booking is unless the phone rings. 2 weeks ago when I got a 2-night while he was at a doc appt and STILL in the waiting room 1.5 hours AFTER the appt time, I went to the waiting room and was startled to see him still there but all I had to do was say - the phone rang for tonight - and he got up and said I am leaving.
Our mantra is ... unless the phone rings or until the phone rings....
I do get horse reservations in advance because the stable is not mine and I will not take a horse reservation for same night unless an emergency. The stable owners need more notice - it is a farm, not a stable business..
GRRR i hope this does not stay the norm as I like to plan.
toddburme said:
GRRR i hope this does not stay the norm as I like to plan.
What you may find is that as guests stay with you, they will prebook for next year. Many of our guests know when the busy season is and they get their reservations in the year before. However, a lot of our business is now last-minute. I'm getting calls today for tonight and tomorrow. You need at least a year under your belt before you can really 'plan' anything. Two years or three years before you can detect a pattern.
14 years now and the only "pattern" is the Dec - March horse traffic when there is little else. Not being in a tourist area, I do not get the year-in-advance. The only time I did - they cancelled.

Speaking of booking, how does all your month of December look like? We don't have anything much booked at all and DH is worried. But I keep telling him we are getting people trying to book a week or days out now so manybe it will be the last minute bookers again. Or the gift certificates will pull us through. We like them as the wine tour makes them use it for some reason.
Riki.
I actually have one room booked for December and they are young innkeepers from Fingerlakes NY. I am looking forward to having them!
I will do the NY's Eve brunch package again, but it is too early for people to book it I think. But it is on a weekend, so trying to get some revenue from that!
Although I did have an inquiry for a wedding here for 2013! I wanted to say "Well hope you find the right man by then!" haha (since it is only 2010 right now)

Riki.
Our december has one booking as we speak. But then November only had a couple two weeks ago.

Riki.
December here is pretty normal so far. A few really good days and then nothing.

Riki.
As of now, I have a 2-night repeat (her last class) and 1 freebie in Dec. My concert reservation had to cancel.

"I am very glad to inform you that your site (qui llandq uilt.com) has been rated Green by McAf ee SiteAd visor."
Well that is finally solved.

Back