Yet Another Scam

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suzie Q

Reaction score
I got a call today while making breakfast. The caller said he was gay, celebrating his 21st birthday and was bringing a couple of "big, black football player friends" with him. Did I have room?
I later got a call from an innkeeper friend who asked if I'd gotten this call.
I then called a third inn and asked them if they had gotten this call.
So far, this person has confirmed reservations at 2 bnbs for the same night! I'm curious what their objective may be. Thank you!

How weird. Testing your 'diversity' acceptance?
I don't want to be labeled as intolerant, but I wouldn't want a bunch of 'football players' staying with me. :)
(Unless they were Tom Brady and Vince Wilfork.)

I hope you hung up on them...give me a break... Yea maybe trying to catch someone on something...Still I would have just hung up.

How weird. Testing your 'diversity' acceptance?
I don't want to be labeled as intolerant, but I wouldn't want a bunch of 'football players' staying with me. :)
(Unless they were Tom Brady and Vince Wilfork.).
See, to me, it's the share too much factor of this. Frankly, I don't care who he's sleeping with, as long as they are registered guests and respecting my other guests.

So is there a party at your house or did they only book the other places?

Needing to describe them as "big black football friends" would be enough for me to send them packing. Who talks about their guests this way???
I mean like "I am bringing three ugly fat friends along..." sheesh..

I would do a CODE 10 on those CC numbers..
"Device cannot start?" I assume you mean you think they have stolen cc #s.
Yes, you call the CC company and tell them that you have a code 10. Explain the circumstances to them and they will do a very through validation with you. Sometimes even transfer you to the security department at the issuing bank. And if stolen or questionable, cancel the card immediately, call the client and tell them that they are reissuing the card.

Yes, you call the CC company and tell them that you have a code 10. Explain the circumstances to them and they will do a very through validation with you. Sometimes even transfer you to the security department at the issuing bank. And if stolen or questionable, cancel the card immediately, call the client and tell them that they are reissuing the card.
Call VISA or Mastercard? I have no idea what local bank may have issued it.

its an over share - only people fishing for a law suit would give that much info -
An approach might be to call back and say you have spoken to other inn's who also have your reservation and in the interest of you not being charged for reservations you do not need we wanted to make sure you required our rooms? covers you on a discrimination front.

Call VISA or Mastercard? I have no idea what local bank may have issued it.
Your CC processor. Just tell them it's a code 10, they will do the rest.

That's nuts. Sounds like a prank, a scam. or someone trying to set you up.

I texted them and told them the guests today decided to stay another day. I have had both gay and black guests here in the past. Will follow up on Code 10. Thx.

I called my provider. He said they probably won't show up. They will probably give me a sob story about losing their credit card, and can I please refund the charge to a second credit card?

Back