Yoga tapes/DVD's

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Anyone doing yoga at home...do you have a tape/DVD you'd recommend? I got one called Yoga for weight loss by Suzanne Deason but it's pretty basic and there's not much to it. The company, Gaiam, has a decent Tai Ch'i tape, which is why I got this Yoga one.

I actually do Yoga with the Jon Kabit Zin Cd's pretty basic. I also just ordered 2 tapes ..yes...VHS...because I still have a VCR in the bedroom where I do yoga:)
Haven't gotten them yet but the ones I ordered were from Amazon
AM/PM Yoga for Beginners [VHS Tape] (2000) Rodney Yee; and Living Yoga - Back Care Yoga for Beginners

i like 'yoga for the rest of us' ... gentle stretching for the jabba's. she also has heart healthy yoga ... what i like is the alternative poses using chairs for those who cannot kneel and bend far.
this is peggy cappy's website

i like 'yoga for the rest of us' ... gentle stretching for the jabba's. she also has heart healthy yoga ... what i like is the alternative poses using chairs for those who cannot kneel and bend far.
this is peggy cappy's website.
Thanks I am going to look at this one more closely. I don't know if our PBS has it or not.

The Suzanne Deason one is the one I was going to recommend...It was the only one I could do when I was tipping the scales...I lost 50lbs using that vid, and then was fit enough to walk again...I am going to start using it again soon, as the lbs have crept back on...
sad_smile.gif

I like it because you can change the levels, it uses the best fat burning poses, the people don't look like stick people and I can imagine myself in Sedona...ahhhh!
Good luck! Why not try some belly dancing to switch up with the yoga? That's fun, there is even a how to Bollywood dance video out there (I have it)! Too much footwork for my dogs, though...

The Suzanne Deason one is the one I was going to recommend...It was the only one I could do when I was tipping the scales...I lost 50lbs using that vid, and then was fit enough to walk again...I am going to start using it again soon, as the lbs have crept back on...
sad_smile.gif

I like it because you can change the levels, it uses the best fat burning poses, the people don't look like stick people and I can imagine myself in Sedona...ahhhh!
Good luck! Why not try some belly dancing to switch up with the yoga? That's fun, there is even a how to Bollywood dance video out there (I have it)! Too much footwork for my dogs, though....
Willowpondgj said:
sad_smile.gif

Good luck! Why not try some belly dancing to switch up with the yoga? That's fun, there is even a how to Bollywood dance video out there (I have it)! Too much footwork for my dogs, though...
This one is in Maui. Only one level that I could see altho it comes with an audio-only CD. What's the name of your DVD? I seem to get all the Hawaii ones, which is distracting to me because I'd rather watch the waves!
OK, now of course I have this vision stuck in my head of your dogs with little bells, on hind legs, trying to belly dance. And a little cartoon balloon over their heads saying, 'Why couldn't she stick with the yoga? We had no problem with downward dog.'
Oh, dear. I've done it again haven't I? You meant 'dogs' as in feet, your feet, didn't you? Not that your actual canine companions were doing yoga and belly dancing with you? I live a much more interesting life when I misunderstand people...

sad_smile.gif

Good luck! Why not try some belly dancing to switch up with the yoga? That's fun, there is even a how to Bollywood dance video out there (I have it)! Too much footwork for my dogs, though....
Willowpondgj said:
sad_smile.gif

This one is in Maui. Only one level that I could see altho it comes with an audio-only CD. What's the name of your DVD? I seem to get all the Hawaii ones, which is distracting to me because I'd rather watch the waves!
OK, now of course I have this vision stuck in my head of your dogs with little bells, on hind legs, trying to belly dance. And a little cartoon balloon over their heads saying, 'Why couldn't she stick with the yoga? We had no problem with downward dog.'
Oh, dear. I've done it again haven't I? You meant 'dogs' as in feet, your feet, didn't you? Not that your actual canine companions were doing yoga and belly dancing with you? I live a much more interesting life when I misunderstand people...
http://www.gaiam.com/product/yoga-studio/yoga-media/yoga-for-intermediates-advanced/yoga+conditioning+for+weight+loss+dvd.do
I'm pretty sure it's this one....
Yes, dogs=feet! But one day when I have a couple of obnoxious yorkies, perhaps I'll let them do yoga and belly dancing with me! HA!

sad_smile.gif

Willowpondgj said:
sad_smile.gif

http://www.gaiam.com/product/yoga-studio/yoga-media/yoga-for-intermediates-advanced/yoga+conditioning+for+weight+loss+dvd.do
Yes, dogs=feet! But one day when I have a couple of obnoxious yorkies, perhaps I'll let them do yoga and belly dancing with me! HA!
Oh, that's a much longer running one than I have. Altho, it DOES tend to take them a bit of time to TALK about what they're going to do...my tape is only 50 minutes and a lot of that was yakking, music, scenery.

sad_smile.gif

Willowpondgj said:
sad_smile.gif

Oh, that's a much longer running one than I have. Altho, it DOES tend to take them a bit of time to TALK about what they're going to do...my tape is only 50 minutes and a lot of that was yakking, music, scenery.
That's another reason I liked this one, while she does explain the poses and tell you to breath, after you do it for a while, you can pretty much put the mute button on, there might even be a music only version, I can't remember...But the talking doesn't make you stop in between poses or make you want to throw your brick at the TV...I hate that!
this one flows...

sad_smile.gif

Willowpondgj said:
sad_smile.gif

That's another reason I liked this one, while she does explain the poses and tell you to breath, after you do it for a while, you can pretty much put the mute button on, there might even be a music only version, I can't remember...But the talking doesn't make you stop in between poses or make you want to throw your brick at the TV...I hate that!
this one flows...
The talking was just the intro. But I can't figure out how to skip ahead. I watched the same stupid loop for 5 minutes before I figured out how to advance to the next section (which I just, silly me, assumed the DVD player would do on its own).
And that was the other thing...I need 'parts' to do the yoga. I never used bricks or chairs or anything before (ah, yes, but I was so much more flexible back then, too, wasn't I). So, I don't have the 'parts'. Yes, I have chairs (in spite of my constant postings about buying chairs), but no bricks. I'm looking around to see what I can sub.
She does make it look so easy, tho, doesn't she? Bit you can see her breathing, so you know she's 'real'. Some of them look like they never break a sweat!

sad_smile.gif

Willowpondgj said:
sad_smile.gif

this one flows...
The talking was just the intro. But I can't figure out how to skip ahead. I watched the same stupid loop for 5 minutes before I figured out how to advance to the next section (which I just, silly me, assumed the DVD player would do on its own).
And that was the other thing...I need 'parts' to do the yoga. I never used bricks or chairs or anything before (ah, yes, but I was so much more flexible back then, too, wasn't I). So, I don't have the 'parts'. Yes, I have chairs (in spite of my constant postings about buying chairs), but no bricks. I'm looking around to see what I can sub.
She does make it look so easy, tho, doesn't she? Bit you can see her breathing, so you know she's 'real'. Some of them look like they never break a sweat!
Yowza! The DVD is $15 on the Gaiam site and $35 on Amazon.

this is peggy cappy's website.
this the dvd (Peggy Cappy) that I have and I like seeing the different levels of the same pose for those not itty bitty (poor deformed things) :)

Back