You can all thank me now...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
smearers. it is a psychological thing, just like the enuresis (it is a deeper emotional issue than just an accident or a weak bladder)

smearers. it is a psychological thing, just like the enuresis (it is a deeper emotional issue than just an accident or a weak bladder).
Good timing on using that word - I just got a shipment notification on our waterproof mattress covers from Enuresis Associates LLC. I would have never known what that meant.

smearers. it is a psychological thing, just like the enuresis (it is a deeper emotional issue than just an accident or a weak bladder).
Good timing on using that word - I just got a shipment notification on our waterproof mattress covers from Enuresis Associates LLC. I would have never known what that meant.
haha! One of those medical terms. JBJ impressed me with that
regular_smile.gif

OK...I have seen it all taking care of patients in a hospital, but I think poo on a bathroom wall from a B&B guest would gross me out! I hope it was kids??

i am wondering about the attitude of some of your recent guests, bree ....
are they disgruntled about gas prices (which are coming down) or just prices of whatever in general, grasping at and for every little bit they can get 'for free'?, being rough and disrespectful of your property, leaving children unsupervised, taking advantage like eating all your granola as a 'midnight snack' ... am i reading that right?
what is going on?

haha! One of those medical terms. JBJ impressed me with that
regular_smile.gif

OK...I have seen it all taking care of patients in a hospital, but I think poo on a bathroom wall from a B&B guest would gross me out! I hope it was kids??
Samster said:
but I think poo on a bathroom wall from a B&B guest would gross me out! I hope it was kids??
I hope so, too.

are they disgruntled about gas prices (which are coming down) or just prices of whatever in general, grasping at and for every little bit they can get 'for free'?, being rough and disrespectful of your property, leaving children unsupervised, taking advantage like eating all your granola as a 'midnight snack' ... am i reading that right?
what is going on?.
seashanty said:
what is going on?
It's just that time of year. This is what happens here for these 3-4 weeks. And in among them all are the really nice guests who come every year and are nice as pie.

what is going on?.
seashanty said:
what is going on?
It's just that time of year. This is what happens here for these 3-4 weeks. And in among them all are the really nice guests who come every year and are nice as pie.
Well if this is what you have to put up for a month...I think I would strongly reconsider taking some of these people. Make sure you don't book families for next August!!!! I just can't understand people acting like this. I think I would be pulling these people aside and really giving them a good talking to. Or, when they check in, but VERY STERN in your intro and tour to them. This kind of stuff in totally uncalled for.

what is going on?.
seashanty said:
what is going on?
I think that I forgot to say, "Thank YOU!!".
But send your nice guests down here when it's cold there
teeth_smile.gif

Again reiterates our stand on families and groups doesn't it? They feel more at home in their pack mentality to do stuff they normally would not dare.
Beware of packs!
PS Edited to say - - but we do encourage guests to START or ADD to their family by staying at a B&B!

what is going on?.
seashanty said:
what is going on?
Well if this is what you have to put up for a month...I think I would strongly reconsider taking some of these people. Make sure you don't book families for next August!!!! I just can't understand people acting like this. I think I would be pulling these people aside and really giving them a good talking to. Or, when they check in, but VERY STERN in your intro and tour to them. This kind of stuff in totally uncalled for.
catlady said:
Yeah, but you know how that would come across...'When we entered, we were told not to breathe, and it went downhill from there.'
tounge_smile.gif

And you never know in advance what they're going to be like. The ones I think will be terrible are usually nice. The ones who are nice on the phone are the ones who smoke and make a mess.
BTW, the smoker left behind some nice stuff. It's mine now.

LOL I love your humor Bree. Thats what keeps you going!
wink_smile.gif
MTLLodge said:
LOL I love your humor Bree. Thats what keeps you going!
wink_smile.gif
Thank you. And you're absolutely correct...right up there with 'location, location, location' should be another innkeeper requirement...a sense of the ludicrous and how it all makes for a great book somewhere in the future. The great thing about this 'job' is that the people who annoy me go away. Unlike that cubicle mate who clips their toenails while you are trying to pull together a presentation...

Back