You can email me any events

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Here for one night, and already scheduled something for the next day, and he said "You can email me any events that will be happening"
Yeah you are the only person on the planet. I suggested he follow our blog and facebook page for things happening on the night he is here. We have a solid booked weekend that weekend, there is a MAJOR EVENT, wait, TWO MAJOR EVENTS going on that weekend, and we had an orphaned night open. NOT TO MENTION PEAK LEAF SEASON, you can just OPEN YOUR EYES and have the most spectacular event ever! :)
Sorry had to tell someone, it was funny, that's all...resume your business now.

I now have a link to my events calendar in my email confirmation. And to the restaurant list. And to the things to do page. It doesn't matter.
Remember the guy who brought his family here for a week? We wrote up FIFTY things to take them to see and sent it weeks in advance to him. Every morning he asked what they should do. He made no plans. No reservations for very popular attractions (I TOLD him to make reservations if he wanted to do these particular things). Nothing.
They came all this way and didn't 'see' anything here that you couldn't see elsewhere. They wanted to go bowling and to the movies. Why bother leaving home?

I go mad about this! we are an event town, we have 3 theatres and a 10 acre event center! there is always something on - or several somethings - we also have about 6 festivals!

Yeah it is really funny, I have the links all over too, and in fact how did he book this package without going to those places to see them? Blinders on I guess. But this is, like all guests, great intentions, they have grand plans to do all these things, then they drive 5 hours to get here, and what, want to run around all night? Nope. They arrive LATER than they say (Yesterday for example, 4-5pm, arrived after 8pm and then asked where they might hear some music?)

Yeah it is really funny, I have the links all over too, and in fact how did he book this package without going to those places to see them? Blinders on I guess. But this is, like all guests, great intentions, they have grand plans to do all these things, then they drive 5 hours to get here, and what, want to run around all night? Nope. They arrive LATER than they say (Yesterday for example, 4-5pm, arrived after 8pm and then asked where they might hear some music?).
Joey Bloggs said:
Yeah it is really funny, I have the links all over too, and in fact how did he book this package without going to those places to see them? Blinders on I guess.
No they want the easy way out... tell me what I should do while there. Like there are special things you save for your special guests!

Here for one night, and already scheduled something for the next day, and he said "You can email me any events that will be happening"
Have one coming in tomorrow for one night, arriving after 6, wanting 2 massages, where to go for dinner, and has a tour set up for after check out. And they will wonder why they are tired when they go back to work on Monday!

Have one coming in tomorrow for one night, arriving after 6, wanting 2 massages, where to go for dinner, and has a tour set up for after check out. And they will wonder why they are tired when they go back to work on Monday!.
copperhead said:
Have one coming in tomorrow for one night, arriving after 6, wanting 2 massages, where to go for dinner, and has a tour set up for after check out. And they will wonder why they are tired when they go back to work on Monday!
I always said if I did not have to go back to work to rest up after a vacation, it was not a good vacation.

Yeah it is really funny, I have the links all over too, and in fact how did he book this package without going to those places to see them? Blinders on I guess. But this is, like all guests, great intentions, they have grand plans to do all these things, then they drive 5 hours to get here, and what, want to run around all night? Nope. They arrive LATER than they say (Yesterday for example, 4-5pm, arrived after 8pm and then asked where they might hear some music?).
I remember a much anticipated short vacation to a very popular resort when we were inn owners. We were so excited about getting away from the biz and dh getting a break from his full-time job. The anticipation was palpable. After the 6 hour drive...well, you can guess what happened. Yep...we were like slugs while we were away. We were so exhausted that the most we could do was drag ourselves to the pool with books or magazines that we never got to read. And, most of the time we fell asleep in our lounge chairs. We definitely fit that mold of people that burn the candle at both ends in their daily lives and just needed to decompress.
So, I say...be grateful that folks pick your (this is the general your, not you specifically JB) place as the location for their R&R!
regular_smile.gif

Back