You Can Tell You're Getting Old When...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It hit me first when my oldest son became a 50 year old. This year my oldest grandson hits 30! And my baby will be 40 in November!!!

DH has said 'I have socks older than these people' - sometimes he is right!
cry_smile.gif

I I used to say I'm old enough to be their mother, now it's getting to be more like their grandmother!
cry_smile.gif

You can tell you are getting old when you injure yourself while sleeping...
Wake up...WOW how did I do that? Limp to the kitchen

Wait until you have a honeymooner whose parents honeymooned with you.

Wait until you have a honeymooner whose parents honeymooned with you..
My teaching advisor said that's when she realized she was old...her new students were the kids of her first students!
Madeleine said:
My teaching advisor said that's when she realized she was old...her new students were the kids of her first students!
When I was in high school, one of the most popular teachers ever announced his retirement. There was widespread wailing and gnashing of teeth. In answer to our plaintive "Why?" he pointed to one of the students in the class and said, "See Van over there? I taught his mother. I taught his grandmother. It's time for me to go."

When your brain makes a date that your body can't keep...you're old, old girl, you're old!
shades_smile.gif

....the adult American guest has no clue what "I Love Lucy" is, who Lucille Ball is, and has never heard of the Beatles. WHAT??!!
omg_smile.gif
Your folks did not raise you right, IMHO!!!

I was complaining about the number of 3 room change-overs we've had recently and a B&B "friend" (so called) said "We'll your over 50 now, you'll be slowing down". Thanks, that makes me feel just great!!!

I was complaining about the number of 3 room change-overs we've had recently and a B&B "friend" (so called) said "We'll your over 50 now, you'll be slowing down". Thanks, that makes me feel just great!!!.
Come here...do 7. ;-)

...the guests that weren't that old when you started are now going into assisted living centers.

I was complaining about the number of 3 room change-overs we've had recently and a B&B "friend" (so called) said "We'll your over 50 now, you'll be slowing down". Thanks, that makes me feel just great!!!.
Come here...do 7. ;-)
or 11 - Our chamber maid keeps asking for days off which leaves simon and I doing it often with a full change - fab

...the guests that weren't that old when you started are now going into assisted living centers..
Mine are dying... :-(
Madeleine said:
Mine are dying... :-(
It's so sad, isn't it? Just checked out a couple that have been coming here since before we owned the place. He's got alzheimer's and each year they celebrate their Anniversary with us. Every year now I wonder if it will be their last one with us.
broken_heart.gif

Back