You can't please them all

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is what I think it is. Of course you cannot NOT wonder why they were this way.
I had a gal cancel last minute, she was meeting her sister here and the husband went into ER and is now home but required assistance going up and down stairs etc. I charged the one night, per our policy and they did not show. She said she might find someone else to take her place, but didn't.
When I showed these guests a couple of rooms, the wife said "This is lovely, this is the room I wanted!" So thinking back on the conversation, I have a feeling they thought I somehow did not allow the lesser priced room to be booked, even tho that room WAS BEEN BOOKED. Meanwhile, I gave them the $25 off per night PLUS $10 off per onlinebooking which is our winter weekend special right now, so they saved $60! The most I ever give!
I think that was it, she wanted that room and thought we took it out of inventory, but it was booked.
This had me thinking about that whole "upgrading guests" when they don't want an upgrade thing, which is such a slippery slope.

Here is what I think it is. Of course you cannot NOT wonder why they were this way.
I had a gal cancel last minute, she was meeting her sister here and the husband went into ER and is now home but required assistance going up and down stairs etc. I charged the one night, per our policy and they did not show. She said she might find someone else to take her place, but didn't.
When I showed these guests a couple of rooms, the wife said "This is lovely, this is the room I wanted!" So thinking back on the conversation, I have a feeling they thought I somehow did not allow the lesser priced room to be booked, even tho that room WAS BEEN BOOKED. Meanwhile, I gave them the $25 off per night PLUS $10 off per onlinebooking which is our winter weekend special right now, so they saved $60! The most I ever give!
I think that was it, she wanted that room and thought we took it out of inventory, but it was booked.
This had me thinking about that whole "upgrading guests" when they don't want an upgrade thing, which is such a slippery slope..
Ah, you just never know what they have in their heads, do you? How's your daughter feeling today?

This had me thinking about that whole "upgrading guests" when they don't want an upgrade thing, which is such a slippery slope..
Ah, you just never know what they have in their heads, do you? How's your daughter feeling today?
Don Draper said:
Spiking fever again, was starting to feel a bit better. Time. That is all we need, and to pawn it off on another family member...

Back