You have $1000 to spend...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OOH!!! That would put a nice dent in what I have planned for my PAII trip:
Looking for new -
1. Bathrobes
2. Reservation and guest tracking system
3. Champagne flutes with our logo on them
4. about 15 other things I can't think of right now because I've only had 1 cup of coffee.....
Aussie Innkeeper said:
Looking for new -
1. Bathrobes
4. about 15 other things I can't think of right now because I've only had 1 cup of coffee....
I was just looking online for engraved champagne flutes a few days ago. Our current supplier will not be doing them any more. The cheapest I've found for laser engraving is discountmugs.com You can also choose less expensive ones if you want them engraved, just printed logo. We just purchased metal water bottles with our logo from this company and they were fast and efficient and cheap!
Thanks for the discountmugs tip! Their clear laser engraved prices are HALF the prices of the best place I'd found earlier!
Regarding the shipping overseas, I recently went through that when I shipped clothes to the grandchildren in Sweden for Christmas. I researched and found that the post office costs MUCH less than using UPS or FedEX, but it's still high. I squeezed the clothes into their largest "flat rate" box (if it fits, it ships) and shipping cost to Sweden was about $60, which was still cheaper than them buying the same Ralph Lauren clothes in Sweden and paying the VAT!
As I thought about it later, I realized that the flat rate deal may be a good deal if you're shipping heavy items, but for something light weight like clothes I probably could have sent them cheaper at regular rates.
But glass is heavy and would need a lot of packing. Shipping it to England would no doubt cost a lot more than the cost of the glasses themselves.

Looking for new -
1. Bathrobes
4. about 15 other things I can't think of right now because I've only had 1 cup of coffee.....
Aussie Innkeeper said:
Looking for new -
1. Bathrobes
4. about 15 other things I can't think of right now because I've only had 1 cup of coffee....
I was just looking online for engraved champagne flutes a few days ago. Our current supplier will not be doing them any more. The cheapest I've found for laser engraving is discountmugs.com You can also choose less expensive ones if you want them engraved, just printed logo. We just purchased metal water bottles with our logo from this company and they were fast and efficient and cheap!
Thanks for the discountmugs tip! Their clear laser engraved prices are HALF the prices of the best place I'd found earlier!
Regarding the shipping overseas, I recently went through that when I shipped clothes to the grandchildren in Sweden for Christmas. I researched and found that the post office costs MUCH less than using UPS or FedEX, but it's still high. I squeezed the clothes into their largest "flat rate" box (if it fits, it ships) and shipping cost to Sweden was about $60, which was still cheaper than them buying the same Ralph Lauren clothes in Sweden and paying the VAT!
As I thought about it later, I realized that the flat rate deal may be a good deal if you're shipping heavy items, but for something light weight like clothes I probably could have sent them cheaper at regular rates.
But glass is heavy and would need a lot of packing. Shipping it to England would no doubt cost a lot more than the cost of the glasses themselves.
I wouldn't do glass I think that would be a bit risky from a packing point of view but they do all sorts and it doesn't have to be heavy. ie pens

Looking for new -
1. Bathrobes
Aussie Innkeeper said:
Looking for new -
1. Bathrobes
discountmugs.com gave us good service, also. We are working our way to a new order, one broken wine glass at a time.

Looking for new -
1. Bathrobes
Aussie Innkeeper said:
Looking for new -
1. Bathrobes
pic removed

I agree with Arkie, paint is always the most bang for your buck in freshening up a room. Maybe try something to update and add a trendy spin on rooms? Accent colors with new toss pillows or throws, shower curtains, hand towels. Something to add some "punch" in guest rooms or common areas.
I saw a bunch of comfy and awesome chairs at World Market and Pier 1 when I was shopping with our newlyweds recently - right around $100/each. You could get a couple to complement any consignment buys.
DH and I were just looking at model homes in a retirement destination and I saw plenty of simple, non-cluttered looking bedroom accents which I've seen in those kind of stores and would be suitable for B&B guest rooms as well.
Try stepping out of your comfort zone & experiment! It's a new year!
regular_smile.gif

What I got:
  • 2 new flat screen TV's
  • 2 comfy chairs for the lounge
  • 1 rug for the lounge
  • 4 comfy chairs for 2 guest rooms
  • 1 console table for the lounge
  • 8 luggage racks
  • 3 lamps
  • 1 console table for a guest room
Yes, it was more than $1000, but well worth it. Now, however, I lock the credit card away until summer! I am repurposing a lot of the room furniture, moving it to different rooms, painting it, etc to freshen each room.

What I got:
  • 2 new flat screen TV's
  • 1 rug for the lounge
  • 8 luggage racks
  • 3 lamps
Yes, it was more than $1000, but well worth it. Now, however, I lock the credit card away until summer! I am repurposing a lot of the room furniture, moving it to different rooms, painting it, etc to freshen each room..
Wow! You did quite well to get all that in one year. I hope you will be passing the cost on to your guests in the form of a slight rate increase. I always send out e-mail to my "regulars" keeping them up to date with the recent improvements. That way it's not a shock to them if the rates are $10-$15 more a night than they were last year.

What I got:
  • 2 new flat screen TV's
  • 1 rug for the lounge
  • 8 luggage racks
  • 3 lamps
Yes, it was more than $1000, but well worth it. Now, however, I lock the credit card away until summer! I am repurposing a lot of the room furniture, moving it to different rooms, painting it, etc to freshen each room..
Wow! You did quite well to get all that in one year. I hope you will be passing the cost on to your guests in the form of a slight rate increase. I always send out e-mail to my "regulars" keeping them up to date with the recent improvements. That way it's not a shock to them if the rates are $10-$15 more a night than they were last year.
$4. Not much, I know. But we budget about $5k each year in upgrades of one sort or another. Last year was not a good one so we painted.
I let guests know all about the improvements in the newsletter. Everyone knows we do stuff in the winter so they're always waiting to see the changes.

What I got:
  • 2 new flat screen TV's
  • 1 rug for the lounge
  • 8 luggage racks
  • 3 lamps
YAY!
cheers.gif

Can't wait to see photos with your improvements!

What I got:
  • 2 new flat screen TV's
  • 1 rug for the lounge
  • 8 luggage racks
  • 3 lamps
My chamber maid has been on holiday for 2 weeks and while she was away we did 3 new comfy chairs in bedrooms, completely redid the layout in room 9, 2 new 32inch flat screens, huge junk clear out, she was like did you wait till I went on holiday to change the whole place? this week have a new king size mattress for room 12 which has had a double mattress on it since it was built even though it is a king size bed and then the double will go into room 4 which did have a 3/4 bed in which I hated so bought a nice bed from my neighbour 5 doors up for £30 ($60) bargain which she had got on buy one get one free with another bed and thought she might as well have it and sell it so virtually brand new so that room will have a better bed and mattress. want to get room 4 redeorated next as there was a really horrible border on by the previous owners but 1 which the next owners then covered up with a slighly less hidious but old fashioned border so to get rid of them both I have to redecorate the room. plus neither of them did behind the wardrobe so that which I also want to get rid of can't be gotten rid of till the walls are redecorated plus they have carpeted round it so I have to replace the carpet as well. a small job is made into a huge expensive job which must be done in one go because of cheapness.

What I got:
  • 2 new flat screen TV's
  • 1 rug for the lounge
  • 8 luggage racks
  • 3 lamps
YAY!
cheers.gif

Can't wait to see photos with your improvements!
I'll take some quick snaps but no 'good' photos will be appearing on the website. Can't afford that. I will have to go back thru my stash of photos to find ones that don't show the parts of the rooms that have changed.

What I got:
  • 2 new flat screen TV's
  • 1 rug for the lounge
  • 8 luggage racks
  • 3 lamps
were the luggage racks commercial feeling? if not do you have advice on how to find them?

What I got:
  • 2 new flat screen TV's
  • 1 rug for the lounge
  • 8 luggage racks
  • 3 lamps
were the luggage racks commercial feeling? if not do you have advice on how to find them?
naomisinn said:
The luggage racks are not like what you find at hotels. They are sturdy, I've been using them in two rooms for a year now and other than some easily touched-up dings they're fine.
BB&B- http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=13029784&RN=2018&
If you have any coupons (20% off in just about any 'home' magazine) they're not that expensive.

Looking for new -
1. Bathrobes
Aussie Innkeeper said:
Looking for new -
1. Bathrobes
Exporting and manufacturing living room chairs such as two three seater living room chairs and seater living room chairs.our chairs are widely used by the international clients.
Living Room Chairs

Back