You have heard it all before....still....

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7. Postpone, then cancel: Druumer89
Need to cancel a reservation at the last minute but scared of the fee? No fear, Reddit is here. Behold a clever solution from behind the hotel receptionist desk. Step one: call the hotel and push your reservation forward a few weeks. Step two: call back later that day and cancel. Voilà! Room canceled, fee bypassed, integrity (virtually) unharmed.
That's why we have a non-refundable $25 cancellation fee tacked on. If they tried doing this on short notice as in 24 hours before, it would be treated as a cancellation and they would pay for the full stay. Just word your "changing your reservation" policy to protect YOU in this event.
We state:
Changing Your Reservation
Changes to a reservation 14 days or more from the scheduled date may be made without additional charge with full transfer of deposit.
Changes made less than 14 days before the scheduled date are subject to the above-listed rules of cancellation unless we can rebook the room for that date. Cancellation of the revised reservation at anytime will result in the forfeiture of your full deposit.

Need to cancel a reservation at the last minute but scared of the fee? No fear, Reddit is here. Behold a clever solution from behind the hotel receptionist desk. Step one: call the hotel and push your reservation forward a few weeks. Step two: call back later that day and cancel. Voilà! Room canceled, fee bypassed, integrity (virtually) unharmed.
That's why we have a non-refundable $25 cancellation fee tacked on. If they tried doing this on short notice as in 24 hours before, it would be treated as a cancellation and they would pay for the full stay. Just word your "changing your reservation" policy to protect YOU in this event.
We state:
Changes to a reservation 14 days or more from the scheduled date may be made without additional charge with full transfer of deposit.
Changes made less than 14 days before the scheduled date are subject to the above-listed rules of cancellation unless we can rebook the room for that date. Cancellation of the revised reservation at anytime will result in the forfeiture of your full deposit..
If a guest calls to resched we tell them the original cancellation date still applies. Because they have not only taken the first room out of service, they are now taking another room out of service.

We state:
Changes made less than 14 days before the scheduled date are subject to the above-listed rules of cancellation unless we can rebook the room for that date. Cancellation of the revised reservation at anytime will result in the forfeiture of your full deposit..
If a guest calls to resched we tell them the original cancellation date still applies. Because they have not only taken the first room out of service, they are now taking another room out of service.
You are nicer than I am. I don't do date changes, they need a new confirmation number, so we can track the transaction. I cancel one, with the fee and book a new reservation with a new confirmation number. But of course you likely will want to make the new reservation online on your own, so you get the online booking discount....

#1 so NASTY
#8 Can someone please explain this to me?
help.gif

8. Continental breakfast, in the bag: Jazzminkey
Breakfast is the best part of waking up ... in a hotel. Unless, reveals one user, you’re eating a sausage egg breakfast that began in a bag. There’s a reason the eggs are runny, and it’s a mystery no longer.

I too was/am confused by #8. I have no idea what it means, and for them to say "it's a mystery no longer" makes me especially frustrated!

Back