You just never know who might pass through your inn...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaisyMae

Reaction score
We just found out that one of the coules that has been staying here for the past few days is Michael Damian from the Young & the Restless & his wife Janeen. They did not tell us & we did not even recognize them. Other guests told us & i Googled them. Sure enough the photos that came up are of them. I'm not really a soap opera watcher. When i told DH who the guy was he said he thought he looked familiar. (DH grew up with 4 sisters who watched soap operas)
She apparently used to be a solid gold dancer & now, they are both screenplay writers/producers/dirctors. I know it's not a big deal, really. it just made us think" Gee, who else has stayed here that we may not have known who they were?" We don't plan on letting them know that we have found out who they are...no reason, just because.
Has anyone else had guests that were "special"?

Hey that's cool... I would never have known either as I don't have a clue who he is:) I don't watch soaps any longer and never did watch YR.
You are playing it right...no reason to start gushing over them. Thats why they chose you because they obviously wanted to have a nice peaceful get away. Glad you are providing that for them.
I know Junie B has had some REALLY famous folks with her:)
To my knowledge, we never had anyone really famous, but lots of high powered D.C. folks stayed with us..but only knew that after the fact..and glad of it.

Famous, high powered, millionaires, rocket scientist, and interesting. None of them tout who they are, it was research or another guest telling us. A couple I knew in advance with secret service etc.
All of them down to earth and extremely easy guests vs some others.

All of them are special in their own way.
wink_smile.gif

Well-known? JJ Abrams, Noah Adams of the ones who we knew who they were. Others looked familiar and were important in their own way. We've had a few photgraphers whose books we now have. A couple of playwrights. One of the founders of the Killington Ski Resort, but that's kind of 'local' well-known.
If you don't come thru the door with an entourage and a Bluetooth stuck to your head, you're gonna be an unknown here. I am so far out of the loop I may as well live on Mars.

I stopped watching it about 10 years ago but I know who he is. My DH used to work in the movie industry in Vancouver and I've met a few 'stars' since we've been together. He has photos that he's had taken with many that he's worked with over the years and it's amazing how some people look without make-up. Tofino gets it's fair share of personalities. We Canuks just leave them alone to enjoy their days in peace.

I stopped watching it about 10 years ago but I know who he is. My DH used to work in the movie industry in Vancouver and I've met a few 'stars' since we've been together. He has photos that he's had taken with many that he's worked with over the years and it's amazing how some people look without make-up. Tofino gets it's fair share of personalities. We Canuks just leave them alone to enjoy their days in peace..
ginocat said:
I stopped watching it about 10 years ago but I know who he is. My DH used to work in the movie industry in Vancouver and I've met a few 'stars' since we've been together. He has photos that he's had taken with many that he's worked with over the years and it's amazing how some people look without make-up. Tofino gets it's fair share of personalities. We Canuks just leave them alone to enjoy their days in peace.
I bet most on this forum do not know about the movie industry in Vancouver. They may have noticed alot of movies being filmed in Seattle - then they shoot part or bulk in Canada, it costs less. Just like our state trying to sway the industry to shoot filmes here. They do film a lot in this state, they get tax breaks if they do.
The other place that is a second Hollywood now and has movie producing studios is Sydney Australia. You probably know about the movies filmed in New Zealand, The piano, Lord of the Rings trilogy, Chronicles of Narnia, King Kong (Peter Jackson being from NZ), Matrix, Mission Impossible, Star Wars (later episodes actually being the earlier ones) The last Samurai, etc etc. FIlmed mainly in NZ and then cut in Sydney.

wink_smile.gif

Well-known? JJ Abrams, Noah Adams of the ones who we knew who they were. Others looked familiar and were important in their own way. We've had a few photgraphers whose books we now have. A couple of playwrights. One of the founders of the Killington Ski Resort, but that's kind of 'local' well-known.
If you don't come thru the door with an entourage and a Bluetooth stuck to your head, you're gonna be an unknown here. I am so far out of the loop I may as well live on Mars..
I am with you. I watch so little TV and go to so few movies that Pluto (and i do not mean Disney's although HIM I would recognize) is more my vicinity when it comes to celebrities.

wink_smile.gif

If you don't come thru the door with an entourage and a Bluetooth stuck to your head, you're gonna be an unknown here. I am so far out of the loop I may as well live on Mars..
I am with you. I watch so little TV and go to so few movies that Pluto (and i do not mean Disney's although HIM I would recognize) is more my vicinity when it comes to celebrities.
I can honestly say..I have never been to a movietheater in 25 years!!! My husband cannot sit that long in one place. He has never had a desire to go..so we just get an occasional video/dvd and we wouldn't do that if I didn't either buy or rent them. He just thinks movies are a waste of time.
And for the most part, I guess I have to agree:)

wink_smile.gif

I can honestly say..I have never been to a movietheater in 25 years!!! My husband cannot sit that long in one place. He has never had a desire to go..so we just get an occasional video/dvd and we wouldn't do that if I didn't either buy or rent them. He just thinks movies are a waste of time.
catlady said:
We just got satellite TV with the premium movie channels that are free for 3 months. At which point, if not sooner, I will call to have the premium movie channels removed. I do not need to walk thru my own home and hear f-this and f-that. I'm offended daily by what I hear and see. And I should pay for this? Not to mention that I can also pay to see last year's movies for $4. I can rent last year's movie for $1. It's nonsense.
I think Scooby Do may be the last movie I went to the movie theater to see. And that was taking my nephew who will be 14 in a couple of weeks. He was 5 at the time. Not to say there aren't a couple of movies that look interesting. Just leave out the swearing.

It's not nonsense it is an escape from this place! We like to go to get away as our theater is one block away. I watch enough tv in my own room, I like to get out of here every so often.
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

We have the premium channels as a free add on and they are all blocked, I am with you all the way - I do not need to see images and hear language like that in my own home, no way no how. I am a big sook, I don't like that garbage spewing into my home like an open sewer. and guess what? I even have mtv and those other rotten stations blocked in the guest rooms! OH WELL - if they don't know the channel # then it skips over it. ISN'T THAT BEAUTIFUL!

I have watched Y&R over the years since college, although not much in the last ten years. When I watched over high school summers and college, Michael Damian was the hot guy who played wannabe rock star Danny Romalotti - he actually went on to have a #1 Billboard hit with a cover of 'Rock On', originally done by some British guy. How sad is it that I remember all that? There must be important information I should be retaining that is not allowed a place in my brain because of this memory.
Anyway, I would have been excited (squee! behind the scenes) to have him as a guest. My own personal squeal-fest was for David Selby, best known by me as Quentin Collins on Dark Shadows - can you tell I was a latch-key kid? - and later on Falcon Crest. He stayed here for two nights while speaking at a conference. A native West Virginian and a lovely guest.

I have watched Y&R over the years since college, although not much in the last ten years. When I watched over high school summers and college, Michael Damian was the hot guy who played wannabe rock star Danny Romalotti - he actually went on to have a #1 Billboard hit with a cover of 'Rock On', originally done by some British guy. How sad is it that I remember all that? There must be important information I should be retaining that is not allowed a place in my brain because of this memory.
Anyway, I would have been excited (squee! behind the scenes) to have him as a guest. My own personal squeal-fest was for David Selby, best known by me as Quentin Collins on Dark Shadows - can you tell I was a latch-key kid? - and later on Falcon Crest. He stayed here for two nights while speaking at a conference. A native West Virginian and a lovely guest..
yup, that's him. That's the info that came up ,anyway, when i googled him. I do think that the most recent film he & his wife created looks like it might be nice. Apparently it is based, to some degree, on his wife's childhood. It is called Moondance Alexander. Anyway there are in our area doing research for another screenplay they are going to be writing. That ifo, i did get from them themselves. At breakfast, she said they were here doing research & i asked for what & she said they write screen plays.

Anyway, I would have been excited (squee! behind the scenes) to have him as a guest. My own personal squeal-fest was for David Selby, best known by me as Quentin Collins on Dark Shadows - can you tell I was a latch-key kid? - and later on Falcon Crest. He stayed here for two nights while speaking at a conference. A native West Virginian and a lovely guest..
yup, that's him. That's the info that came up ,anyway, when i googled him. I do think that the most recent film he & his wife created looks like it might be nice. Apparently it is based, to some degree, on his wife's childhood. It is called Moondance Alexander. Anyway there are in our area doing research for another screenplay they are going to be writing. That ifo, i did get from them themselves. At breakfast, she said they were here doing research & i asked for what & she said they write screen plays.
Very cool! I think he may have just been on Y&R again recently although I haven't seen it in awhile. I remember hearing promos for his return somewhere. Sadly, I even remember his girlfriend back then was Cricket - she was brunette then; the Cricket they replaced her with was blonde. That's it, I remember him well enough that I am officially jealous.
devil_smile.gif

It's not nonsense it is an escape from this place! We like to go to get away as our theater is one block away. I watch enough tv in my own room, I like to get out of here every so often.
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

We have the premium channels as a free add on and they are all blocked, I am with you all the way - I do not need to see images and hear language like that in my own home, no way no how. I am a big sook, I don't like that garbage spewing into my home like an open sewer. and guess what? I even have mtv and those other rotten stations blocked in the guest rooms! OH WELL - if they don't know the channel # then it skips over it. ISN'T THAT BEAUTIFUL!.
IN the guest rooms the TV is set for 'R' rated. I tell guests with kids that I can fix that if they want me to. Most have said they're not even going to be in long enough, but thanks for offering. The TV in the living room is set for 'PG'. I don't know if that includes MTV or not.

Oh my, Dark Shadows! ALL my friends watched that. I wasn't allowed to watch soaps, but I DO know about Dark Shadows. It was like some racy secret when I watched it at friend's houses! I tried to convince my mother it wasn't a soap opera (not that I even knew what that was), that it was about vampires so, technically, it was horror or sci fi. (Which I was allowed to watch.) She decided to let me watch it for awhile, but I usually didn't get home in time anyway.

Oh my, Dark Shadows! ALL my friends watched that. I wasn't allowed to watch soaps, but I DO know about Dark Shadows. It was like some racy secret when I watched it at friend's houses! I tried to convince my mother it wasn't a soap opera (not that I even knew what that was), that it was about vampires so, technically, it was horror or sci fi. (Which I was allowed to watch.) She decided to let me watch it for awhile, but I usually didn't get home in time anyway.
I bought the Dark Shadows movie on VHS tape to make DH watch it after he took the reservation for David Selby. I loved that show - it came on just when I got home from school. Now I watch it and the sets are so bad and the makeup is orange - it's really campy. Quentin (David Selby) was a very handsome werewolf in a doomed romantic relationship. Yes, I loved Star Trek, too.

I bought the Dark Shadows movie on VHS tape to make DH watch it after he took the reservation for David Selby. I loved that show - it came on just when I got home from school. Now I watch it and the sets are so bad and the makeup is orange - it's really campy. Quentin (David Selby) was a very handsome werewolf in a doomed romantic relationship. Yes, I loved Star Trek, too.
muirford said:
I built models of the Enterprise...

muirford said:
I built models of the Enterprise...
teeth_smile.gif
separated at birth much?!!

Back