You just never know...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Draper

Reaction score
My family is huge...grandmother is one of 14 siblings, all of whom have at least 5 children. Got a call today that one of my cousins, in her 40"s, was shot dead in the head by her boyfriend, who then killed himself by gunshot on the altar of a local church. I don't even know what to say, this is completely unexpected by someone who seemed like the happiest, most go-lucky person in the world. I think it just goes to show that you never, ever know what someone is going through.

I am so sorry. Please accept my condolences. I have a ton of cousins and am close to all but 4 (they grew up in CA) and I think I would be totally rocked to have something like that happen to one of them or one of their kids. What a kick in the gut. I wish the damned jerks would just go off and off themselves - why do they have to take someone with them? Jerks!! I am sorry.

Thank you Kathleen...it's really just so shocking. I agree with you, if you are that despondent then maybe you don't have any alternative but to off yourself...but to take someone with you who is so dear to so many...it's beyond understanding for me. We are so fortunate to have so many relatives, the group will band together to support one another and that is a blessing.

I'm so sorry Innsider...I know JUST what you are going through, as some years ago our family experienced something very similar.........

Wow, sorry to hear that. Very sad when people don't see a way out of whatever it is. Very sad.

I feel so badly for my Grandmother...she is 79 and though not the oldest sibling she is definitely the mother hen and it's just so hard on her...I don't know what to do for her.

I feel so badly for my Grandmother...she is 79 and though not the oldest sibling she is definitely the mother hen and it's just so hard on her...I don't know what to do for her..
You can never fathom what provokes people to do those kinds of things. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I have a feeling I saw this on our local news last night. Is that possible? I'm in PA.

I feel so badly for my Grandmother...she is 79 and though not the oldest sibling she is definitely the mother hen and it's just so hard on her...I don't know what to do for her..
You can never fathom what provokes people to do those kinds of things. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I have a feeling I saw this on our local news last night. Is that possible? I'm in PA.
Yes, SecondAct, knowing your location it likely was on your news, it happened in Schuylkill County.

Yes, SecondAct, knowing your location it likely was on your news, it happened in Schuylkill County.
I just read the story online. Before that I was saddened for your loss, now I am angry for your family as well.

Sorry for your loss in such a brutal and selfless act.
"this is completely unexpected by someone who seemed like the happiest, most go-lucky person in the world"
Yes, you would never expect it from some but those are the ones that hid their real emotions deep inside until they explode...My uncle killed himself several years ago, he was one of the most jolly people in our family always the joker but deep inside he was carrying a big burden of some kind, no note.

I just read the story online. Before that I was saddened for your loss, now I am angry for your family as well.
I did not know about the estrangement or the restraining order. So scary.

I hope neither of them had any children......
broken_heart.gif
One of my best friends a few weeks ago had her Brother in Law kill himself, he and his wife had 4 kids, youngest in early elementary, at least he didn't kill her and/or their kids. I can't even imagine what a family must goes through with something like this.........................................................................
Innsider, would your cousin be the Neice of your Grandma?? Do you live close to her?

Bree said:
Ditto.

I am also angry Restraining orders are a joke. They cannot be enforced and they certainly do not offer any protection. The only thing she could have done is call 911 when he entered her place of employment. And no one will ever know if she went to the parking lot under her own of if she had a gun in her back. She probably saved the lives of people in the store where she worked. He is still a
potty-mouth.gif
. The only good thing he did was to off himself before the do-gooders could step in and find excuses for what he did. Otherwise, he probably would have been back on the street in a year or two.
A man in this County who molested (sexually) young girls in the 1980s and was accused again in 2007 was FINALLY sentenced to 15 to 30 years for both charges. Why did it take over 20 years to sentence him for the first offense?

Ugh, bad enough when you see stories like that but knowing the families that are impacted by this kind of evil is much worse. I hope your family finds peace somewhere in all of this ... like you said, they will band together and support each other, thank goodness for that much.

Back