You now can add a "DEAL" for your customers and fans on Facebook

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw that yesterday... will have to look into that. Looks like a copycat of G r oupon

I submitted a facebook deal, it says it will show within 2 days. Funny though they use the term check in and I was using the term check in. Show us the deal at check in or mention at check in... Not a lot of space or area to define anything, so just did the same winter weekend special Save $25 per night.
I really need to get on board with FB I am going to add the Find us on FB to my page and blog, sorta have it on the blog.

I have linked to the new blog and in fact was just on it moments ago. San Diego? I saw San Jose - which is where my cousin who wanted to move east works makes big bucks and lives hand to mouth due to the cost of living.
It's fun to watch some of the nuances of someone new to your place, or mine should that every happen.
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif
I don't want someone elderly to buy this B&B, I want someone to draw people into the area for recreation to build what we have already begun...(as I have gonged that note so many times this week, sorry).

I submitted a facebook deal, it says it will show within 2 days. Funny though they use the term check in and I was using the term check in. Show us the deal at check in or mention at check in... Not a lot of space or area to define anything, so just did the same winter weekend special Save $25 per night.
I really need to get on board with FB I am going to add the Find us on FB to my page and blog, sorta have it on the blog..
Joey Bloggs said:
I really need to get on board with FB I am going to add the Find us on FB to my page and blog, sorta have it on the blog.
While I never did FB, TW or a blog at the Inn, I did make it a selling spiel in my listings that a new social-media savvy innkeeper could take the Inn even beyond what we'd done and into the future.
Less than two weeks into running it, she had Facebook and Twitter accounts for the Inn, and a blog (which shows photos of the first snow this morning...very funny...they're from San Jose). Younger innkeepers and younger aspirings probably cannot imagine living without those things.
Hmm, this leads to a poll question...would, a B&B with good numbers that is social media savvy sell faster or slower than one that is not? Would the seller determine social media involvement when setting the price? If so, an aspiring innkeeper with those talents may see lack of social media as a way to get "Inn" cheaper and then use them to raise the Inn's exposure level and reputation.
Hmmmm.....

I have linked to the new blog and in fact was just on it moments ago. San Diego? I saw San Jose - which is where my cousin who wanted to move east works makes big bucks and lives hand to mouth due to the cost of living.
It's fun to watch some of the nuances of someone new to your place, or mine should that every happen.
I don't want someone elderly to buy this B&B, I want someone to draw people into the area for recreation to build what we have already begun...(as I have gonged that note so many times this week, sorry)..
Joey Bloggs said:
I have linked to the new blog and in fact was just on it moments ago. San Diego? I saw San Jose
Yes, it's San Jose...and I see she has linked to Coffee Talk...that's cool! I see she posted her blog on Innspiring too, but she has yet to post...maybe she's lurking? Come out J!

I don't want someone elderly to buy this B&B, I want someone to draw people into the area for recreation to build what we have already begun...(as I have gonged that note so many times this week, sorry)..
Joey Bloggs said:
I have linked to the new blog and in fact was just on it moments ago. San Diego? I saw San Jose
Yes, it's San Jose...and I see she has linked to Coffee Talk...that's cool! I see she posted her blog on Innspiring too, but she has yet to post...maybe she's lurking? Come out J!
wendydk said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Bandaid off quick or slow? I will say I already like her. Maybe that will bring her into the deep end of the pool. Isn't that nice W to have a great couple take over! That is neat. Carry on all you put into the biz.
The southern portion of the BRP is closed due to snow. If these last two rooms could get here I could go take some pix. I am so pleased to have guests into Nov for leaf peeping. Might get my camera warmed up just in case...

Joey Bloggs said:
wendydk said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Bandaid off quick or slow? I will say I already like her. Maybe that will bring her into the deep end of the pool. Isn't that nice W to have a great couple take over! That is neat. Carry on all you put into the biz.
The southern portion of the BRP is closed due to snow. If these last two rooms could get here I could go take some pix. I am so pleased to have guests into Nov for leaf peeping. Might get my camera warmed up just in case...
Joey Bloggs said:
I already like her.
Me TOO! While that is not a pre-requisite for a buyer, I'm so relieved. It makes me look forward to seeing what they do, how they grow...and I consider them friends, which is important to me.

I have the deal on the page now. Wording knocked it back once, so I did it how they have it and it stuck. Will let you know if I have anyone redeem this deal.

How does someone check-in? Do they have to do it from a mobile device or can they do it from a computer?
Do you know that they will "check-in" when they make a reservation online?

Not sure, I think a phone is what they are thinking.
I know that was part of the wording issue I had the first time as we use check in diff to them, and it didn't gel.

Back