You Should Be Happy to Have Me Under Any Circumstances

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetiePie

Reaction score
That sums up in a nutshell what's wrong with guests today. I don't know if it's the Dave Ramseys, or the Clark Howards or who's giving them this impression but they seem to think we're just sitting here doing nothing - waiting for their last minute call.
This is Friday, I just had a call from a woman who wanted to schedule a complicated 3 day package for her and her daughter for THIS WEEKEND. This involves scheduling staff, preparing dietary restricted meals, special supplements etc. This is the kind of thing people used to book months in advance.
I suggested she try a well-known property near here that employees massive numbers of staff and could most likely accommodate her last minute wishes. She wasn't happy with that and acted surprised that in "this economy" I wouldn't be overjoyed at accepting her last minute proposition.
Just as homebuyers feel that it is a "buyers" market; apparently travelers also feel that it is a "travelers" market.
angry_smile.gif
Aaarrrrrrrgh!

"This economy" has actually been very good for us. People still need to get away and nearby B&Bs are a good alternative to distant travel.

I had a guy call me yesterday wanting a specific room at the end of the month. He was on my site and stated that the room was booked every day from now through August. I confirmed with him, yes, this was a very popular room. He then says "well, I don't really want to spend $x for a room is there a discount I could get?" HUH???? Does it really look like I need to give a discount for a room that's booked until Sept??? Politely I refused, and the conversation ended. I was actually in the car when I got the phone call. By the time I got home I checked my webervations and it was now filled. Yeah, right....a discount!

Good for us too, last year was phenomonal and this year I'm about $400 ahead of Last year YTD

Back